Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's bricked up in my head, it's shoved under my bed and I question myself again: what is it 'bout men?

It wasn't a very good day today. I went to McDonald's to get some iced tea before work and DWACOM (dude with a crush on me) was working the drive thru window. He said, "I knew that was you as soon as I heard your voice. I haven't seen you for a few days." I said, "I've been here." Notice how I dazzle the men with my exciting conversation? Actually, I had gone inside a few days, instead of through the drive thru. I realized that I'm only comfortable in the company of men I know are not attracted to me. The minute I think they're interested in me or think I'm attractive, I go out of my way to avoid them because they make me edgy and uncomfortable. That depressed me. I mean, how fucked up is that?

Then I stopped at the hospital and my dad was in a LOUSY mood. I was trying to feed him and he was yelling at me. Doesn't matter how old I am, I'm still that little kid who hates getting yelled at by her dad. Sigh. Men. Uber confusing. And depressing.

2 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"I'm still that little kid who hates getting yelled at by her dad."
Oh, grow up.:)

We had to feed my Dad his last few months. One time it was my turn, and he was bitching something awful. All of a sudden, it hit me - "Dad, if you don't shut up, you're going to bed without your supper!!" He was so astounded he never said another word and Mom laughed until she cried!:)

*Goddess* said...

LOL! Hey, it's different with GUYS and Dads. Weird thing is I work with the elderly and their snapping doesn't bother me in the least, but HIS does.