Wednesday, September 03, 2008

choke me in the shallow waters before i get too deepl

I told Mr. G that if he wants to kill me, he can skip the poison. He only has to drive me to the bottom of a really steep hill, kick me out and force me to make my way back home on foot.

I do TaeBo five times a week, 50-65 minutes and when I do it, I'm drenched, and the sweat is pouring off of me, so yeah, I'd say my heart rate is accelerated. I also walk the dog five times a week for an additional half hour, but it's on level ground.

Yesterday, Mr. G took me on the walk he usually does on a daily basis. I'll try to remember my camera tomorrow and get pics of the road. It snakes down, down, down, and there's only one way up: the hard way! We did a shorter version of this walk and I'm telling you, my legs were absolutely shaking by the time I got back to the top of the hill. I was DRENCHED and HE WASN'T EVEN BREAKING A FUCKING SWEAT! (Then again, since he was diagnosed with diabetes, he never seems to sweat. Any other diabetics notice this?) Apparently Taebo does NOTHING to build up the upper quads. I will say this much, I was grateful my lungs weren't burning, which is a REALLY big indication you're out of shape, so the Taebo does help. Just not with leg strength.

I thought about this all night long--how much I struggled to get up the hill and how shocked I was at my lack of strength when I thought I was doing pretty good--and I forced myself to go back down again this morning with Holly, though not all the way because she was having problems. For some reason, she has a harder time going down, easier time going up. You don't know how I kept talking myself out of going back down this hill, but I was determined to try it again, and I'm going to go back until I can come up without breathing like an asmatic pervert.

The first time up I kept thinking, "Hot damn. I'm going to be the first person we know to have a heart attack while getting in shape to avoid a heart attack."

No comments: