Friday, September 05, 2008

change, my ass

John McCain’s incessant flip flopping continues. I remember yet another Obama forward I got in which Repubs were FURIOUS because Obama said America was a great country then suggested we help “change” it. OMG. How horrible that he would try to “change” America! And how ridiculous that Repubs pretended they didn’t know he was referring to changing what was wrong with the country. McCain used the word “change” TEN TIMES in his speech and his big tagline? “Change is coming.” I’m hoping that somewhere along the line McCain has an original thought of his own.

And while I think McCain’s military service is exemplary, I’m tired of this being the focus of his campaign. What is he doing NOW? Don't tell me about what he did back in 1967. We've heard that over and over and over. Just because he survived as a POW doesn't mean he's fit to run the county. Tell me what he's been doing since he was elected to the Senate in 1986 to make me agree that he'd be a good President. Other than voting with Bush 90% of the time. Are they focusing on the past because the present isn't worth the spotlight?

I’m a little fuzzy on Palin’s Bridge to Nowhere stance, too. Was it that she immediately said, “oh, hell no!” as she's trying to insinuate? Or was it that she said ‘yes,’ took the money, then when she realized there wasn’t enough funding for it and when she saw how pissed people were getting, said ‘no’ and conveniently forgot to give the money back?

Oh, and I LOVED Cindy McCain’s comment on Palin’s lack of national security experience: “"You know, the experience that she comes from is, what she has done in government -- and remember that Alaska is the closest part of our continent to Russia." Wow. Now I know why she doesn’t give many speeches.

Apparently the Wilson sisters have asked McCain to stop using their song “Baracuda” because they do not agree with Palin’s politics. How often has this happened now? You’d think political candidates would ask for permission BEFORE using a song that doesn’t belong to them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Baracuda is a pefect song for Paylyn. Seriously, she's repugnant. I couldn't watch her nomination speech past the first five minutes. When she stated families with disabilities will have a friend in the White House if she's elected, I immediately turned it off and headed for the toilet to vomit up my barely digested dinner. She's gross. Truly.

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

Geez, nothing like capitalizing on your son's Down Syndrome. They interviewed one of her supporters about the daughter's situation and she said, "I feel confident the family will make the right decision for her." And I thought, "Yep, that's probably exactly what's going to happen. They'll make HER decision for her."