Wednesday, August 27, 2008

he did WHAT in the sun?!

I SERIOUSLY need to get my mind out of the gutter. The other day I was in the car listening to the radio and one of my favorite songs, “All Summer Long” came on. At one point, I THOUGHT I heard Kid Rock say, “we fisted in the sun.” I’m like, “holy SHIT!!!!!” Turns out it was “we blistered in the sun.” Fine, but that's not nearly as much fun.

Today I received an email–yes! an email!–from Sarah. SOMEBODY loves me and not just that kid from McDonald’s who remembers my packets of sweeteners. Sarah wrote: “Goddess, I’m going broke trying to pay for three college educations for my children. How are you going to pay for 16?” Sarah, I have discovered the secret for saving thousands and thousands of dollars on your children’s college educations: raise dummies.

I saw on the news that the Atlanta aquarium now has a manta ray. The manta ray was “rescued” off the shores of South Africa and put in a tank in Durban. A year later, she’s being moved to Georgia. Yeah, “rescued” and condemned to spend the rest of it‘s life in a lousy tank. Wheeeee! Humans to the “rescue”.

Did you see the new political karaoke? People take actual speeches from political figures and recite them in their own way. My guess is that it’s heavily attended by Star Trek fans and adults who still live with Mom. (BTW, those two aren’t mutually exclusive…)

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

Political karaoke? Hell, TODAYS' politicians have done that for YEARS! And people STILL listen, and actually believe that it's a "new, fresh idea!"

Regardless of the party, race, or gender, it's always gonna be politics and bullshit, hand-in-hand! And by using OUR dollars to wipe with...!