Wednesday, August 13, 2008

every day is a winding road

My job just gets stranger and stranger. This week Boss #2 told us that it would be our last full week and hours would be cut drastically, so I put an ad in the paper for a new job. Today we get the incredibly bad news that Boss #1 has cancer and they think she has it throughout her entire body. At the same time, Boss #2 tells us she went to the bank and found out Boss #1 had more money than she thought so we'll continue to work our full time schedules for the next five or six months. I feel really bad for my boss though because she was so excited that we were going to stay and then she gets this devastating news. I knew something was wrong because the drs office called first thing this morning and asked me about her medical history saying they needed to schedule some scans. I knew right away that if the biopsy had come back negative scans wouldn't be necessary. So it was kind of bittersweet seeing her so excited about us staying and getting back to her "normal routine," as she put it, knowing that she was about to face some bad news.

4 comments:

BRUNO said...

Sorry, but I think it's time for the lifeboats---Boss#2 sounds like she couldn't manage a way out of a 2-door shithouse with a flashlight, at high noon....!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's incredibly sad news indeed. How did OH take it? Did she fling herself on your bosses almost dead carcass and wail again?

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

Bruno, you're a 100% right on that one.

*Goddess* said...

OH doesn't know yet, Stacey. She's "at camp." And when I say "camp," I mean a trailer in a nearby county. And people call ME a 'hick'.

All I know is she better not be as freaking insensitive as she was on the care home issue.