Monday, August 18, 2008

brownies are a girl's best friend

Once again, I'm on my "no sugar" kick. Five days into it and I was DYING for chocolate brownies. So I searched high and low for a sugar free brownie recipe. I found one using Splenda. Nutritionally, I went from the fire into the frying pan, but hey, desperate times call for desperate measures.

The first batch didn't turn out so well because I over baked them a tad due to the fact that the pan was 9X9 instead of 8X8. I ate one and I'm like, "Damn, this has an odd sort of taste. It's not that great," but you know me, I'm nothing if not persistent, so I kept eating.

And complaining.

I ate half of the pan--hey, 9x9 is a small pan and the batter only rose about 1/4 of an inch in that pan. I left the rest for Mr. G, who came into the room a short time later, saying, "Those brownies tasted terrible. They had a weird aftertaste."

Later that evening, I was craving again and decided to finish the brownies, only to discover Mr. G had eaten the other half of the pan. I said, "Why in the world did you eat those brownies if you didn't like them?" He said, "Same reason you did." Damn it.

2 comments:

Mushy said...

Must'a used some bad pot!

BRUNO said...

Well, it didn't go to waste, anyway!

Actually, it DID go to waste, by now---just a little more earth-tone, in the outcome...!