Tuesday, July 29, 2008

you have the right to be stripped of all your rights

You know the scariest thing about this video? The twit who says, "..if you're not doing anything wrong, what are you worried about?" Why don't you invite the government into your home? After all, if you're not doing anything wrong, what are you worried about?

It's just that sort of asinine thinking that has gotten us stripped away of more and more of our personal freedoms. But at least we're sooo much safer now that the government is watching our every move, right? Pffft.

2 comments:

BBC said...

Well, I went to Canada for three days, and had a ball celebrating Cher's birthday with her.

I made it as simple for customs as I could and it's a good thing because I was one of the two rigs pulled over for a more complete check and questioning.

Don't know why, so much for training I guess. But it's sort of true, others are safe around me, but I may not be safe around them.

But I don't live my life worrying about it. Hell, I've made it to 65 years when I didn't expect to make it to 30.

And I damn sure don't want to live another 30.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

""..if you're not doing anything wrong, what are you worried about?""
My answer to that has always been very direct "Your Ignorance!"

The type of profiling they are talking about (and it IS profiling) is one used very successfully by Israeli Airlines. But when I heard "Employees are given a week of training, and racial sensitivity courses" I knew it was another Bush idiocy.