Tuesday, July 01, 2008

my head is where it's always been, if only i'd known where

I have to roll my eyes every time I see the John McCain commercial in which he’s standing in the mountains, wearing a baseball cap and a long sleeved corduroy shirt as he attempts to look like the “average man”. Puhleeze. Neither of these two clowns can make that claim and they look absolutely ridiculous trying.

I love that commercial for the New Gong Show on Comedy Central in which Triumph the Insult Dog says, “I’ve found the one place that I’m too classy for.” LOL.

I was reading a news story that talked about a hand held cell phone usage law that goes into effect July 1st in California. In the article, they talked about possible excuses motorists will use once the law kicks in . One was the people would claim they were not talking but were text messaging instead, which remains legal until January 1st, 2009. Why in the world would you outlaw talking on a cell phone, but not outlaw text messaging, which IMHO, is ten times worse? Now you not only have to concentrate on driving, but finding the right letters, sending the message and reading the response. They should BOTH be outlawed nationwide, as should hands free talking. You’re still doing two things at once and driving is difficult enough when you’re paying attention.

Boss #1’s car is on the fritz so she asked me if I would pick up the groceries we’d need for the week. Since I was off last week, most of the list was written by Overtime Hawg. I stood in the grocery store a good five minutes this morning trying to figure out what the heck “grandcockers” were. The first time I read it, I’m like, “damn! You can buy those things in the grocery store?!” See if you can figure out what she meant. I’ll post the answer tomorrow.

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

Graham Crackers?

But then again, a box of grand-cockers MIGHT be useful as well, IF they're not more expensive than the local gigilo....???