Monday, June 02, 2008

keeping up with the goddesses

I stopped in to see my dad at the hospital and my niece was "visiting"--if you want to call it that. Actually, she was watching The Kardashians on his TV and texting her friends while he was sitting there. Yeah, nothing like keeping Grandpap company.
Anyway, the nurses came in and took my dad to the bathroom and I was listening to the show while I waited for them to return. Who knew Bruce Jenner was a 'motivational speaker'?!
Here's the funniest thing of all: during one of his speeches, he said, "Surround yourself with positive people."
Now, if you've EVER seen this show, you'll know why that statement is HILARIOUS. Those chicks are FOREVER fighting over stupid, piddly shit that they blow all out of proportion. Bruce needs to take some of his own advice.

Anyway, Dad's coming along slowly, but slowly. Amazing how family politics mucks up everything. My mother wanted to tell my dad on paper that he had a stroke--gee, wouldn't YOU want to know? But my sister "the doctor" has decided that it would depress him. Unlike sitting in a hospital day after day wondering why no one understands you.

I think I've seen "Me, Myself and Irene" about five times now, but NEVER have I seen the complete movie. I saw the middle, then the middle and some of the end. Yesterday I saw more of the beginning and the middle but not the complete end. So when I saw it was on Sunday afternoon again, after missing my opportunity on Saturday, I decided to watch the thing in it's entirety. I stretched out on my Lazy Boy, saw the first fifteen minutes then promptly fell asleep. Apparently I am just not supposed to see this movie....

I hope the tv stations refuse to pick up this "reality" show starring Nick (Bollea) Hogan and how he's starting his life over after his release from prison. The man he put in a vegetative state for life doesn't have that opportunity, what makes Hogan so special that he should profit from this crime? It's unbelievable that he's sitting in jail contemplating how he can make money when his "friend" is in a semi-conscious state. Can you say "selfish bastard"? What really amazed me is when Hulk Hogan said "God laid some heavy shit" on the man that was critically injured because of some of the things "he was into". The only thing he was guilty of was being friends with an asshole.

8 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"I stretched out on my Lazy Boy, saw the first fifteen minutes then promptly fell asleep. "
Some of the best movies I've ever seen were like that!

*Goddess* said...

I will admit my body loved every minute of it;) Why is it that the minute you put your feet up, your eyelids glue shut? LOL!

For The People said...

I agree!

Anonymous said...

Not that I don't think Nick Hogan is a whiney, self-service little crybaby, but to be fair to him, the guy who is a vegetable now made the choice to get into the car with Nick that night. It's not like someone forced him at gunpoint. He had free will.

Having said that, Nick got a very light sentence in my book. He's up there with habitual drink drivers in my book.

His parents should be very proud of the way he turned out based on the lifestyle and values/morals they provided him with growing up. Proud, indeed.

Stacey

BRUNO said...

I thought I was the only one who got their rest during movies.(Which explains why I BUY 'em, instead of RENT---gotta watch 'em five or six times before I ever SEE one!)

Have ya' seen " Second-Hand Lions" yet???

Mushy said...

Good to hear he's doing much better.

*Goddess* said...

I know the guy should have been wearing a seat belt, but I was under the impression they were both drunk off their asses. And stupid.

*Goddess* said...

No, Bruno, I haven't. It's on my NetFlix queue, but I keep adding these brand new movies and it keeps getting pushed to the bottom. I'll probably see it on tv first...LOL!

Thanks, Mushy.