Thursday, June 12, 2008

don't look back in anger, I heard her say

What a difference a day makes! Remember yesterday when I was kvetching about my Japanese Knotweed? Last night I was reading the latest vitamin catalog from Swanson and they were touting a new hair vitamin. Mr. G is always looking for something because his hair is thinning, so I checked out the ingredients. One of them was........wait for it........................JAPANESE KNOT WEED!! Yesterday's "P.I.T.A. weeds" are today's "cash crop"!!

Hmmm, I need to get out my calculator for this one since Nicole is only 27 years old: "Forget about surviving 40 years in the music business. Just surviving 47 years of Nicole Richie has been a struggle-and-a-half, I want to tell you. I stand here as a survivor, I want you to know, for all the parents out there." — Lionel Richie, accepting the "Icon" honor at the taping of the TV Land Awards.

Thank God men are easier to start then lawnmowers. Took me about 18 yanks to get the mower started today. Thankfully, Mr. G only takes one yank, and sometimes he's a self-starter;)
I was listening to one of my favorite CD's today while mowing, "What's the Story Morning Glory?" What ever happened to Oasis? Did they disband due to drugs, alcohol or "creative differences"? Of course, creative differences is a nice way of saying "someone is being an egotistical ass and we're tired of his/her temper tantrums".

I watched Million Dollar Password with Regis. Ugh. WAAAAAY too slow. And I felt bad for the one contestant because he was having a hard time coming up with a clue and you could just see him panicking.

2 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"Thankfully, Mr. G only takes one yank, and sometimes he's a self-starter;)"
But does he sit silently in the shed until he's needed again?:)

Do the check routine; air cleaner, spark plug (AND if that black wire that slips on the top of the spark plug is making good contact!), fresh, clean gas.....Um....if it has gas period, as well!:)

*Goddess* said...

You have a point there, and I don't have to pay him $80 to have him serviced. So yeah, all that stuff SHOULD have been done already since this is the first time I got it back since being serviced.