Wednesday, May 14, 2008

sleeping dogs lie

I watched the movie Sleeping Dogs Lie, a 2006 movie that was written and directed by BobCat Goldthwait. I have to admit that when I heard what it was about, along with the fact that BobCat was behind it, I thought it was going to be one stupid fart joke after another, but it wasn't.

I don't remember this movie, but I don't think I'll be giving anything away since it's two years old.
The movie begins with the female lead blowing her dog. Of course, you don't see it, but you're shown enough to know what's going on and then she says, "I'm Amy and yeah, back in college, I blew my dog." I thought that was rather hilarious myself. Advance several years and Amy is engaged to John, and feeling the need to be "completely honest." A dumbass idea if EVER there was one. Her fellow teacher and her uptight mother--who thinks she's going to confess she wasn't a virgin when she met her fiance--encourages her to tell John the truth. She doesn't realize that her brother, a bitter meth addict is in the garage and he overhears her secret. He hates her because their parents dote on her and have made her their "golden girl".

Amy's fiance is stunned by her secret and can't accept it, despite the fact that he admitted to playing "shoot the cookie" in college. (If you've never heard of it, "shoot the cookie" is a game in which several guys jack off together onto a cookie and the last one to cum has to eat the cookie. Not the most fun game to play....blech....and probably a hell of a lot more fun to watch than to participate in.) In the meantime, brother dearest blabs the secret to the entire family over dinner. She admits it's true and her old fashioned, strict parents want nothing to do with her. If you get a chance to catch this flick, watch it.

The movie was really good and an shining example of why "being 100% honest," as John suggested in the movie is a BAD IDEA.

I couldn't get over how much the lead actress, Melinda Page Hamilton, looked like Renee Zellwiger when she was heavier.

No comments: