Friday, May 16, 2008

rockin' down the highway

My birthday is only four days away! Yay! Mr. G gave me a beautiful bouquet of roses, carnations and daisies. I love fresh flowers. I like when he brings me flowers for no reason.

Good news, kids. I've decided to resurrect Goddess' Book Club. (If Oprah can do it, I can do it.) This month's selection will be "Once Upon a Potty." Don't be fooled by the title. I've read it many times. It's riveting. Read it, take copious notes and we'll chat about it.

I love the fact that Billy Blanks brings spirituality into his workouts. A whole lot of praying is usually how I manage to finish the workout in the first place.

You'll never guess what I was craving yesterday. Minds out of the gutter, it's food related. I was DYING for some Chicken Ramen Noodles. Yeah, the stuff college kids live off of. But hey, if your fridge is as empty as mine, you'd be craving 'em too. I can't seem to process pasta well, so I don't eat it much, but I crave it. I make the noodles like soup, then drain off all that offensive, salty chicken broth and eat the noodles plain. Love it, love it, love it.

My 3 1/2 days off are over and it's back to work today. I feel like I didn't accomplish much of anything. Most of it was waiting for the oil guy to come,waiting for the fridge to be delivered and waiting to get my car back from inspection. Although I will admit when I don't get home till 6 every evening and when I have to work every weekend, I cherish the days I don't have to go ANYWHERE. I wouldn't have minded being home one bit these last few days if I had had a good book to read.

I was watching a show about a prison for women in Tennessee. They interviewed this one inmate who kidnapped, then tortured and murdered a "friend". PMS'ing a bit, I guess.
Anyway, she says, "Do I feel bad about what happened? Hey, we all have to die sometime."
Nice of her to decide when that time was for someone else.
Then she said, "Do I wish she were alive? Then I wouldn't be here." Again, loads of remorse there, huh? Female prisoners are so odd though. I've seen several shows on them now and it's not the least bit unusual for one to try to kill another one and then become best friends. Gotta say if someone tried to kill me, I don't think I'd be welcoming them into my home. I can only take the idea of "keeping your friends close and your enemies closer" so far.

2 comments:

BRUNO said...

Yep, you women are strange "machines", indeed!

And it takes a good "man-chanic" to keep you well oiled and maintained-on-schedule!

But miss just ONE "scheduled-maintenance" appointment---like a BIRTHDAY, for example---and things can go to hell fast....!

Lin said...

Hey, here's your early Happy Birthday wishes! Maybe he'll bring you chocolate-covered pasta to kill two cravings in one?