Wednesday, May 14, 2008

memories light the corners of my brain synapses


This is an Azeala bush I planted about three years ago. It's starting to come in really nicely now. An elderly neighbor used to have these in her yard, and I'd look up the street and see those beautiful bursts of pink, purple and white in her front yard, so I decided to plant some of my own.






This is a tiny Azalea bush Mr. G bought for me last year. When he gave it to me, he said, "We'll always have the memory of planting this together."
Yesterday when we were looking at it, I said, "Honey, did you give me this for Mother's Day or my birthday?"
He said, "I don't remember."
So much for that memory.
I do remember what happened WHILE we were planting it. Mr. G looked at me and said, "Years from now we'll remember this." (Again, apparently not if we can't remember one year later....)
Just then a voice from the front porch yelled, "Memories. That's what ya get when Dad doesn't buy you a real gift."

1 comment:

Mushy said...

Taking to walking in the yard like me I see...watch for the dog pooh! It tends to cancel out the flower smell.