Tuesday, May 13, 2008

the circle of life


This is a nest that a robin built under the eaves of my shed. She did a great job, huh?

Anywho, my clothes line is tied near this spot and every time I try to hang clothes, MotherBird flies out from under the eaves and scares the CRAP out of me.

Mr. G said, "I read she does that to distract you from the nest."

I said, "Maybe that would have worked one time, but after scaring the bejeebers out of me 25 times, I'm beginning to think she's up there for a REASON."


I took this pic right after she, once again, scared me and flew out of the nest. The reason I took it is because every time I walk near the shed, Mr. G tells me to 'get away from the nest', like I'm a five year old, who is dying to juggle the little blue eggs. I'm going to use this as my screensaver so when he uses the laptop, I can taunt him about the fact that I was "messing around the nest"...bwahahahha!

2 comments:

Mushy said...

Yeah, I got a little wren that makes me duck and dodge every time I remove my leaf blower from the top of the tool bend in the garage! I hate surprises!

*Goddess* said...

Especially when that "surprise" is flying right in your face at high speed:)