Saturday, April 12, 2008

why me, sun? why me?

Thus begins my cruel dance with nature. Friday morning I woke up–ok, the dog woke me up with her incessant barking–and the sun was shining. I jumped out of bed–ok, the dog was annoying me so damn much, I wanted to put her barking ass outside–and decided to wash the sheets. Nothing I like more than the smell of clean sheets air dried in the sun–except for sex, chocolate, walnuts, pasta, my diamond ring, my car and some of my offspring. I warshed the sheets–as we say here in Western PA–and hung two of them out. Before I could finish the load, I was distracted by the fact that the mailman left my mail in the box and I was 100% POSITIVE my huge check from Publisher’s Clearing House was amongst the bills and various begging letters. I walked up to the mailbox and by the time I walked back–all of two minutes–the sun went in and it started to rain. DAMN YOU, SUN!!

5 comments:

Mushy said...

Maybe, just maybe, things will be better on SUNday!

*Goddess* said...

Ar ar arrrr. Alas, I do NOT like hanging out laundry on Sunday. Just a little throwback to my Catholic days:)

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"I warshed the sheets"
Lot's of folks back in Michigan said it as well.

It drives me up a tree screaming.....

BRUNO said...

What's really scary, is that I thought WARSHED was a correct spelling, until it was pointed out differently....!

(My Mom once left me a note, telling me she needed a new plug, for the cord on her "ringer-warsher". And damned if the hardware store didn't "spel" it the same way!)

*Goddess* said...

Damn, I miss those ringer washers. Laundry went so much faster then;) And CLEANER.