My mother used to wake us up in the morning with song. You don’t know how annoying that can be when you want to sleep. Anyway, I still remember a couple of them. She used to sing one line, that I thought she made up, “There you are, happy landing on the chocolate bar,” but I just googled it and it’s actually from “The Good Ship Lollipop.” Hell, no wonder I have a chocolate fetish.
Then she used to sing–and this one REALLY annoyed because she’d snap the blinds to the top at the same time and the morning sun would shine right in your face making it IMPOSSIBLE to go back to sleep–”It’s time to get up, it’s time to get up, it’s time to get up in the morning. Don’t you hear that whistle blow? Don’t you know it’s time to go?” I don’t where that song is from, but for some reason, I always thought it might be a military related song because Daddy was in WW2 or railroad related because my grandfather used to work on the RR.

Remember the story I posted the other day about the fireman who thought a “woman” was pregnant only to find out it was a really fat guy? Ugh. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Well, it should be interesting to see how pissed off the Christian Coalition gets when they get wind of the upcoming show, Swingtown. Set in the 70's, it follows the lives of several couples in Chicago, who have open marriages.