Tuesday, April 22, 2008

curb your enthusiasm

My boss had the Today Show on during breakfast today because Laura Bush was co-host. This was a groundbreaking moment and we know that because Matt and Ann told us so repeatedly. Because it was Earth Day, Mrs. Bush showed off their ranch home in Texas. How ironic. George Bush, who has done absolutely NOTHING to help the environment, has an eco-friendly home. He has a water return system that automatically waters the trees and vegetation, and he has his own windmill to produce electricity. Great to see that he’s doing all he can to reduce HIS energy costs. What about the rest of us?

I had to laugh when Ann Curry asked Laura Bush how Geo proposed to her. “I’d like to ask you a question and you can say ‘no’ if you want. You don’t have to answer.” Geez, you would have thought she was asking how many times they had sex in the last month.

There was also a report on kids with ADHD having high incidences of heart problems. The reporter said, “No one is saying ADHD drugs cause heart problems.” Of course, they’re not. Despite the fact that the pills raise blood pressure and stimulate the heart, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that 1 in 50 kids on the drugs have heart issues.

I love it when ads state the obvious. There’s a radio commercial currently running for a home improvement company and they say, “We come to you.” Well, duh. It would be a tad difficult to work on someone’s home from the comfort of your office.

I had to drop some junk off at my aunt’s house after work today. While I was there, a guy came to drive her to the polling place. She has a car and she has no problem driving, but she could out-miser Scrooge. The minute she found out volunteers were driving people to the polls for free, she was all over it. As she was getting into the car, I heard her say, “Now while we’re out, I’d like to swing by the WalMart and get some cream for my hemorrhoids.” Yes! Way to work the system to your advantage.

There was a news story online today titled, “Pennsylvanians are sour on the economy.” First we’re bitter, now we’re sour. BTW, I don’t think the rest of the country is exactly sweet on the economy either.

No comments: