Wednesday, March 12, 2008

i'm hearing what you say but i just can't make a sound

Clinton's coming to town! And he'll be like a minute from where I work. I'd like to see him.
Not in a political way, but in an "OMG! are those Secret Service guys ever HOTT!!" kind of way.
Seriously, I would like to SEE him. I don't want to HEAR him, but it would be cool to see a President in person. 'Cept for Bush. Blech.

The Church is closing one of the area Catholic grade schools, despite the fact that enrollment is up and parents are feverishly trying to raise funds for next year's budget. There is no doubt in my mind that the Church won't lift a finger to help these parents. It's their way. In a statement released to the press, the diocese spokesperson said, "To continue to operate a school that would strain Church resources is poor stewardship of money." Yes, much better to spend that money paying pedophile lawsuit settlements than to educate children.
Wouldn't Jesus be proud?

It's a sign of the times. Every year at Easter, eggs are on sale for 49 or 59 cents. This year, when eggs are like $2.35 a dozen, nobody has them on sale.
WTH is the Easter Bunny supposed to do?!

I was watching Dana McGreevy on The Today Show this morning, and Lauer was interviewing her about
the prostitution mess that's playing out with New York's gub'ner. Lauer asked her why she and other wives of politicians stand beside their man when they fuck up.
She said, "I did it for my children. I would hope that some day my children would thank me for supporting their father." WTH?! Kids never thank us for anything.
If my husband slept with common prostitutes and exposed me to God only knows what sort of diseases, standing beside him in support would be the LAST thing on my mind. I don't give a damn how many kids I have. Let's think for a second about what sort of message this REALLY sends the governor's teenage daughters. "Your dad can treat me like crap and I'll stand by him. Your dad can put my life at risk and it's ok." Because let's remember, this wasn't just an affair, it was affairs with prostitutes. Women who spread their legs for anybody who has the cash.
Ugh. If my dad cheated on my mother and she "sucked it up," I don't think I'd have much respect for her.

2 comments:

~Fathairybastard~ said...

You're SUCH a strumpet when it comes to those official hotties. love it.

And I'm totally with you on the stupid church bureaucracy and the wives of the stupid dolts. Yep. I mean, I UNDERSTAND why the dude might want some strange, but damn!

H2o said...

I wouldn't mind seeing a hot guy in a suit...