Saturday, March 01, 2008

if you're dreaming, are you dreaming of me?


This morning I woke to TEN INCHES PLUS and yes! the word "stud" was involved.........as in snow fall and studded tires. Actually I think we have about fifteen inches out there. It took me over an hour to get to work last night, and I didn't have to worry about the plow blocking me in my parking space BECAUSE THEY NEVER PLOWED! From 3:30 yesterday afternoon till I left at 7:30 this morning, they couldn't manage to get one plow down the street. I shoveled for 45 minutes around the car and the sidewalks. Of course, the weathermen were all over this one before it happened--calling for "three to six inches". Inaccurate Weatherman strikes again!
For once the roads were actually better at home than they were at work. It's usually always the other way around because I'm a country mouse and my boss is a city mouse. On the upside, Mr. G is off with me today and he promised to slip me HIS ten inches;)

Joel McHale is so funny on The Soup. Last night he was talking about a new book the Olsen twins are writing about "people who influenced them". Joel said, "Insiders say their interview with Hello Kitty is riveting."

3 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I shoveled so many inches of "partly cloudy" when I lived in Michigan, that it was a relief when they predicted a big storm. I knew it would be an easy morning.

BRUNO said...

I think we both should get one of those big dry-ice shipping containers---like they use to ship those Omaha Steaks in---and each send about 50 pounds of this beautiful shit "down and over" to Mushy---he's been much too relaxed this year...!

Lin said...

Wow, you guys seem to be getting most of your winter in the last quarter of the game! I'm with Bruno; ship sum-o-dat down to Mushy. Snowmen make great cheap and rebuildable targets!