Saturday, March 22, 2008

here comes peter cottontail

There was some sort of healthy eating fair going on at Female Offspring #3's school this week, and she was asked to bring in a salad for the class. I asked her if she needed me to pick up any vegetables, and she said those three little words every mom loves to hear, "I'll handle it." Today when I got home from work, there was a message on my answering machine asking me to call her teacher. Apparently the "salad" she made wasn't up to their healthy eating standards. This is what she made: She diced four apples and four Snicker bars. Then she made a box of vanilla pudding and mixed it with a container of Cool Whip. She let that sit for two hours before mixing all of it together. When I heard this, I was TOTALLY PISSED. I had NO IDEA she was that good of a cook!

I felt it was time to sit the offspring down and explain to them about the finances. I had $50 in my hand and I said, "I can either go shopping and buy you Easter candy which you will woof down in about 12 minutes OR I can use this money to buy gas to go to work for the week and earn $ to pay our bills. The decision is in your hands, BUT make sure you think it through carefully." So we're going out to buy candy tomorrow and apparently I have the week off.

I ordered my Gateway laptop battery, and the email said it will take 3-4 weeks arrival time. Apparently it's walking over from China...

Mr. G called me at work on Friday and said, "You'll be in your glory." I said, "Why?" and he said, "Because your COPS 20th Anniversary DVD set arrived." YAY! Too bad I'm too damn tired to even look at it. I'm off to bed, kids! I was up after midnight Thursday cleaning and washing clothes. Brrrrrr....that is so not like me. Now let us never speak of this again.

1 comment:

BBC said...

:-)