Friday, February 22, 2008

friday lowdown

What a MESS driving to work Friday. The notoriously unreliable weatherman was calling for snow during the night Thursday, continuing into Friday, then a lovely sleet/freezing rain/rain mix in the AFTERNOON and on into the night again. I came outside Friday at 7 a.m. to find about five inches of snow and FREEZING RAIN. UGH. I had to pull over three times on the way to work to clean off my windshield, which wasn't easy considering I couldn't even see where I was pulling off. Thankfully, I was only five minutes late to work. The second time I've been late in the six years that I've worked there due to weather.

I came home Friday night at 6 and muh butt was dragging. It was killing me to exercise, but I found that once I started, I got more energy. Sometimes I hate to start and it only gets worse as it goes along. I start calling Billy Blanks every name under the sun. There's one exercise that gets my goat. I love it, but it's what he says that has me laughing. You bend over at the waist, legs apart and put the palms of your hands on the floor. Then you look backward between your legs. Great stretching exercise. But in this one DVD, Billy says, "Look up at the ceiling behind you." LOL! I bend over and put my head down and all I see are a pair of boobs staring back at me! Ceiling...mutter, mutter.

6 comments:

BBC said...

I just exercise doing manual labor, things that need to be done anyway. And I don't eat much and that helps a lot.

The only time I ever took other exercise serious was when I had my knee operation, and at the same time I devised my own back program and haven't been to a bone crusher since.

Mushy said...

Now that's another shot I'd like to see from all angles!

Shrinky said...

Ha! Now there's a picture..

Exercise? (Runs off to look it up in the dictionary.)

ps. I'm back - new site n'all.

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, but it's 'invited read only':(

Alexander said...

Ever heard about the newscast where the female anchor, visibly upset, looked at the weatherman and said "So where was the 8 inches you promised me last night?!"

The weatherman bowed his head and slowly walked off the set...

ROTFLMAO

Lin said...

I used to be able to do that exercise. Now I just about pass out from the blood rushing to my head when I bend over to pick the cat up or tie my shoes. Eeesh!