Friday, February 08, 2008

thank the lord for the night time

I want you all to know that I set my alarm for 4:50 a.m. to do my exercise before work this morning. That is how dedicated I am to getting healthy.
I also want you to know that one minute later, I said, "Fuck that. I can exercise just as easily at 6 pm," and I promptly changed my alarm back.

A few months ago BiLo (grocery store) came up with this brainy idea to start their weekly sale on

Thursdays, instead of Saturdays, which is what it has been for as long as I can remember. I have no idea what they thought they were going to accomplish by this, although the ads kept insinuating they'd be getting the jump on the competition by starting their sale two days early. Doing this changes all the truck schedules and ordering schedules. Did they not see that all the other stores in the area would quickly follow suit? Now all the new sales run from Thursday to Wednesday. What's next? Starting their sales on Tuesday to get their ad out early? Ugh.

Because this is Black History Month, I'd like to talk about my favorite black person from history:
Darnell, the guy who let me cut in front of him at BiLo this morning. Sure Darnell could have left me standing with my 15 boxes of Hot Pockets and 7 boxes of Little Debbie snack cakes and my Chips Ahoy. But NO! He let me go ahead of him.
I'm thinking it might have something to do with the fact that I dropped a box of Hot Pockets on his foot three times...

I wonder who came up with the title "Real Wives of Orange County" and "Real Wives of New York"? Evidently somebody with a skewed idea of what a "real wife" is. They should have called it "Spoiled Brats of Orange County" or "Trophy Wives of New York."

Wow, I think the Grammy people are really tempting fate by running their ad
that says, "Nothing will stop Amy Winehouse from performing."
Out of control drug addicts aren't the most dependable people on the planet.

I thought the whole point of "How To Look Good Naked" was to take chubby chicks and make them feel good about themselves. If I see one more super skinny chick boo hoo'ing about how she won't go to the beach or wear a swimsuit, I'm gonna upchuck. Get over it already. You're skinny. That's half the battle won.

Now that Eli Manning is a Super Bowl winning quarterback, he has a responsibility to young kids who look up to him, as does his brother.
And that means neither of these athletes should be promoting junk food like Oreos. We're reminded over and over on a daily basis that the younger generation of this nation don't exercise enough, and are getting what used to be adult onset Type 2 diabetes while still in grade school and high school, so the Manning brothers should "man up" and choose to promote healthy foods and healthy choices. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my Chips Ahoy and Chocolate YooHoo.

3 comments:

BBC said...

I get up every day as early as 2am and hardly ever later than 4am so that wouldn't be any problem to me.

I never used an alarm clock through most of my life. I used to be a workaholic but I got over it.

Not the hours, just the work.

*Goddess* said...

TWO AM?! What time do you go to bed?

BBC said...

I usually go to bed around 9 or 10. I've just never slept much. When I drove an 18 wheeler 48 states and Canada I often just survived on naps.

Of course I'm retired now and live alone so I can take a nap anytime I like.