Sunday, February 10, 2008

i need you like a heart needs a beat

I was zipping around the internet on Sunday afternoon and there was an article entitled, "How To Stop Your Kid From Being a Nosepicker."
Now I ask you, why would you WANT to stop your child from picking his nose?
1. It's a time consuming activity that doesn't involve drugs or alcohol.
2. It improves his motor skills, specifically his hand to nostril coordination.
3. It's one less thing you have to do for him.
4. When he's finished playing in his nose, there's nothing to clean up.
5. And last, but certainly not least, it makes for a handy snack.
I still think that Hambooger Helper idea of mine wasn't such a bad idea.

I woke up at 4 o'clock this morning to the sound of sleet hitting against the window, then several loud kabooms of thunder and bright flashes of lightening.
I looked out the window and everything was covered with snow. I went into the living room and looked out the picture window, and it was blowing so hard all I could see was white. I couldn't even see the apple tree which is only about twenty five to thirty feet away from the window. My first thought was, "Ooooo, how beautiful!" My second thought was, "God, don't
let it be blowing like this later when I have to drive to work."
My third thought was, "Full bladder....owie, owie!!"
When I went out at 7 to go to work, it wasn't blowing, and the snow looked so weird. It looked exactly like that fake snow you see in train displays at Christmas.
I kept looking outside this afternoon, watching the swirling snow, and wishing
that I was home taking a nap with Mr. G and the dog.
I like the "snuggly warm in bed together" part. Sigh. I love my job, but I hate never having a weekend off.

I don't know what kind of camera angles they're working with Drew Berrymore in those Cover Girl mascara commercials, but her head and face look HUGE. Huge as in "horse head" huge.

9 comments:

BBC said...

4. When he's finished playing in his nose, there's nothing to clean up.

Right on !! He's just going to eat it or wipe it on his clothes and all you have to do is toss them into the wash.

It's all good.

Lin said...

Oh gross, Goddess! I can handle poopoo and peepee talk but not snot talk for some reason. I worked at a place where I would find boogers smeared all over the bathroom mirror. It went on until I stomped down the hall one day, announcing to the entire shop that I was tired of cleaning some dumb broad's snot off the bathroom mirror. I mean, why would you stand there wiping snot on a mirror just about where your face is? Blechhhh.
Thanks ... I feel MUCH better now after that vent!

*Goddess* said...

On the mirror?! Ewwww!

I can handle anything but phelgm...*shudders*...and ironically, I work with people who seem to have an overabundance of it. One of life's little ironies.

Lin said...

Gack! You're right about phlegm - I forgot that a good green hock-a-louie will send me heaving, too. Oh man, can't you slip those folks desiccants or something? No envy from this end on that one.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

You forgot biodegradable on your list of booger goodies.:)

And is your title original? Neato!!

Piercing The Veil said...

funny...:) justifications for not stopping a kid pick his nose hehehe
it snowed here too and there was strong winds... but it stopped


gud am

brooklyngal said...

2. It improves his motor skills, specifically his hand to nostril coordination.


. . .which may come in handy later in life should he be stopped by the cops!

~Fathairybastard~ said...

Booger pickers unite! And I envy your weather. I know, I'm crazy.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I'm with you on the nose-picking issue - it provides the kids with hours of harmless fun - I just wish they'd stop wiping it on the mutt, kinda' puts me off stroking him..