Friday, February 01, 2008

heart of mine how will you keep from dying

They're calling for ice again today. Ick.

I really enjoyed the new ABC show Eli Stone last night. It's difficult to describe, but Eli is an attorney who suddenly starts having visions.

The medical community say it's because of an aneurism in his brain and the spiritual community says he's a prophet. His father had the same aneruism and the same visions. The writing is sharp and clever and funny.
I love Jonny Lee Miller in the title role. The only downside is Victor Garber, who I can't stand and who totally ruined the short lived show Justice. He plays Eli's boss and future father-in-law, so I'm sure he'll be on quite a bit. Unfortunately.

"How She Move." I bet Bill Cosby is turning over in his grave after hearing that movie title.

I was reading a news article about a woman whose husband became ill and she
felt a Pennsylvania State Trooper was rude to her when handling the call along the turnpike.
She wrote a letter to the State Police to complain, and at one point she said that it took her 90 minutes
to get to UPMC Presby because she "kept getting lost in the maze of oblique angles and
one way streets you call Pittsburgh." You ROCK, lady! Driving through Pittsburgh when you're
not familiar with the city is like swimming up a waterfall. That's why I call it "The City of One Way Streets."

(And I toss in a lot of swear words if I'm calling this while I'm in the city.)

You know those big blue balls (minds out of the gutter, please) they advertise on tv that you
toss into your dryer to supposedly save drying time and fabric softener sheets?
Unlike the big blue balls most of you guys are used to seeing in your pants, these balls are plastic and spikey.
The purpose of the spikes is for them to be constantly separating the clothes, thus reducing drying time.
Don't waste you money. It took me exactly the same amount of time to dry the towels with the big blue balls
bouncing around, plus the clothes are FULL of static cling.
And no, I don't want to hear about your experiences with big, blue balls...

Some people are truly evil.

6 comments:

Mushy said...

Well heck, I suppose I have nothing to say in that case...

*Goddess* said...

LOL! In retrospect, I should have said, "Sooo tell me about YOUR big, blue balls," but knowing you guys, you would:)

Anonymous said...

Err... Bill Cosby isn't dead, yet. In fact, he's very much alive and recording a message driven hip hop rap CD right now. (Yikes.) :-)

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

I know he is. I was just joking. He gets all riled up at the "English" blacks are using these days, though:)

*Goddess* said...

BTW, I hope one of his messages is for people to stop making hip hop CD's...

BRUNO said...

That's a shame---I had a really good "blue-ball" yarn I was gonna spin, especially with the temp it is today...!