Wednesday, February 20, 2008

dinah won't ya blow

The other day when I was taking pics of the railroad lines, I wanted to walk right up to the track and take a picture of my foot on the rail to show that it was so accessible to the public. I've never seen a police car on that street, but my guess is the minute I stuck my foot on the track, one would be right behind me, along with a couple of mental health experts. I had the dog, too, and I didn't want to encourage her to go near the tracks. Besides, that whole scene from Fried Green Tomatoes ran through my head and I was afraid to put my foot anywhere NEAR the tracks. Makes me cry every time I see it.

7 comments:

BBC said...

I've seen Fried Green Tomatoes but I don't recall much about it.

And why shouldn't RR tracks be accessible to the public? Trains don't kill people, it's just that stupid people get in their way.

*Goddess* said...

How could you forget that part in the beginning when Chris O'Donnell got his foot stuck in the track chasing after his gf's hat when the train was coming? UGH! Still makes me cringe.

*Goddess* said...

I don't think tracks should be accessible to people because there's no need for it. Tracks are for the trains, the train stations are for the people.

BBC said...

It would be pretty hard to make tracks un-accessible. Better to educate people to stay away from them.

~Fathairybastard~ said...

Been too long since i saw that movie. I'm guessing it didn't turn out well there on the tracks.

Lin said...

I loved that movie but that part killed me, too.
See ... you need to move to NM. It's nearly impossible to find train tracks here. But they still run a gorgeous steam locomotive in the upper part of the state into Colorado as an attraction.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Hard to believe I walked down the center of the tracks as a kid, Jumping off only to let the train pass, and wave at the guy in the caboose who always waved back....and nobody wanted to lock me up.