Thursday, January 03, 2008

i now pronounce you a "not half-bad" movie

I just finished watching "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry," which my gf assured me "wasn't half-bad." There was more substance to the movie than I thought there would be, but most aspects of it were just too ridiculous for me to ignore. The movie starred Kevin James and Adam Sandler as NYC firemen. James had to marry in order to keep his benefits for his kids. Sandler was the lucky "bride."
The first thing I had a problem with was believing EITHER of these two guys as NYC firemen. Have you heard? My spread in Playboy just debuted. The second was Sandler as a ladies man. Please. He is just a pocket protector away from being the kid who sat next to you in math class and ate his own boogers. He does not have enough charisma and charm to bag five or six chicks at one time. He does, however, have the MONEY to bag five or six chicks at one time, but I digress.(And NO WAY IN HELL is Sandler NYC Firemen Calendar material!!! I don't care how much money he has!) The third thing I had a problem with was Sandler's portrayal of a gay guy. He came off as more retarded than gay. On the positive side, Kevin James had the most believable hair piece he's ever had. It seemed like each new season of King of Queens brought a new hairpiece, each worse than the last.

On a totally unrelated note, Overtime Hawg told my boss that we "all lie" and we're "all picking on her."
Now if you'll excuse me, but I'm taking all my toys and going home!

3 comments:

BBC said...

I don't watch many movies, prefer romantic comedies when I do. But when on my trip I watched 'The Good Girl', it was weird. She sure did lie a lot and get away with a lot, I can't stand women that lie a lot.

To many of them have lied to me.

*Goddess* said...

I'm not familiar with that movie at all, Billy. I'll have to look it up.

*Goddess* said...

Ahh, now I know why I've never heard of that movie, Billy. Jennifer Aniston is in it. I can't stand her acting. It's like every movie is just a remake of her Friends role.