Monday, January 28, 2008

i lost my license, now i don't drive

Mr. G is THRILLED that I gave him a "Get Out Of Valentine's Day Free" card this year because I told him I'm still basking in the glow of the diamond ring he gave me for Christmas. He said, "What are the chances you'll still be basking in that glow come May when your birthday rolls around?"LOL! He's already sweating that one.I said, "Don't worry, Honey, you're good for my birthday AND our anniversary, too. You don't have to worry about gifts till Christmas '08."

Every now and then on Sundays I see a little of "Girls Next Door," after The Soup runs. "Girls" is the 'reality' show featuring Hugh Hefner and his "girlfriends." I'm sorry, but it is just downright creepy watching them together. It's like sexing up your grandpa. The truth is that God was very good to women, despite the fact that
they bitch and moan about getting a period. With a little Astroglide and lots of moaning, we can fake up enjoying sex with ANYONE. Yes, even Grandpa Hef. *shudders* The one segment I saw the chick was flashing her boobs and Hef was eating his breakfast grapefruit, blissfully unaware, which I'm guessing is how he spends most of his day.

I was reading a news story that said kids are using a secret ring tone to text during school. Apparently the tone is higher than adults can hear, as our hearing levels decline as we age. If kids have the hearing range of a canine, why can't I get a response to my questions when they're sitting two feet away?


The medical community never ceases to amaze me. There was an article on a "surgery that could cure diabetes" in some people. They were talking about the lapband surgery, which is like gastric bypass, but using the
band around the stomach. I was wondering what it was that made that specific surgery aid those with diabetes, so I read on. The article said that it could "cure diabetes" in some people because after they had the surgery, they lost weight and the weight loss brought the insulin levels down, etc.
Now INSTEAD of telling people to exercise more and lose weight, that the combo could possibly "cure diabetes" in some people, they're encouraging them to have surgery. That is so typical of the medical community. What they're NOT saying is that if you continue to make junky food choices after the surgery you still run the risk of getting diabetes.

5 comments:

BRUNO said...

I'd still like to hear from someone in their late 70's/early 80's, that had the "banding" proceedure done, from several years earlier. I'm still VERY curious as to how the scarring of the internal organs affect the body, and it's systems, way down the road.

Oh, I understand HOW this works---it's just the part about "smashing your guts into submission" that makes me wonder if the benefits really DO outweigh the risk, more than the initial 5 to 10 years later, when you REALLY start getting OLD...!

*Goddess* said...

Overtime Hawg had her gastric bypass about a year and a half to two years ago. She is CONSTANTLY experiencing colon problems, which she said she never had before. She actually told me she was sorry she had the surgery because she has to go to the drs. more NOW than she did when being overweight was her only problem.

Mushy said...

Hell, most people are like me, they ain't goin' to stop eatin' or doing anything about their health problems as long as they make a pill for it.

I have gout...I take the pill and eat what I want!

I have type II diabetes...I take the pill and eat what I want!

I have high blood pressure...I take the pill!

I have cholesterol...I take a pill!

I can't get an erection, but I take a pill!

BBC said...

Good genes I guess, I don't sweat any of that stuff.

Sex? What is that?

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, but you get some exercise in, Mushy. I've seen all too often what happens to people who have a problem and depend on the pill to make it better.

But I totally agree, we are the kind of people who just want a pill to take away all of our problems.