Saturday, January 26, 2008

i give up

I HATE IT when I'm in the bathroom and my husband comes in and says, "Hurry up. I have
to go." Um, hello? I'm not exactly in here playing bingo myself.

Jerry Seinfeld used to say that a sure sign a man had given up on himself was when he started wearing sweats. I've discovered the sure sign that women have given up on themselves is when they start doing everything in their pajamas, robe and slippers. We've all seen them at the bus stop with the kids, shivering and smoking, shivering and smoking. And you know that you've REALLY given up on yourself when you show up at the GROCERY STORE IN THE WINTER wearing pajama bottoms and sling back slippers. Don't even give me the excuse that there aren't that many people at the store at 7 a.m. I was there, and in my opinion, I was one too many. And I don't want to hear the excuse that you "just ran in for milk and bread" either. Leaving the house requires PANTS, SHOES and UNDERWEAR! It's not rocket science, and it's not that much of a hardship to put 'em on.

3 comments:

BBC said...

"sweats"

*rolls eyes*

I'm a bum and I wouldn't be caught dead out in public in sweats. I love them, they are warm, but I put a pair of pants over them when I go out.

Even though the pants are work pants with paint stains on them. Sweats on people are so ugly, just saying.

BRUNO said...

Me and the wife have had more than a few of those "photo-finish landings" in the "throne-room"! Although I admittedly have somewhat of an advantage---I can "dingle-dangle" it out the back door in an "emergency situation"!

That is, unless the dogs think it's "milk-bone snack" time....!!!

Anonymous said...

http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=6d51f86c7f1a89850c46&page=1&viewtype=&category=

Enjoy. :-)

Stacey