Wednesday, January 16, 2008

baby, it's cold outside


Snowin' and blowin' and freezing cold temps...now THAT'S the way to enjoy a good mug of white chocolate hot cocoa. Ahhh, all is well with the world. Guess I better stop at the store and buy myself another box of this stuff. It's supposed to be a whopping 4 on Saturday. And that's the high;)

I heard this on TV this morning and it made me laugh and laugh. Dana Devin, the chick from the entertainment show Extra told people to check out her blog where she talked about "what it's like to present at the Globes." BWAHAHAHAHA! How would she know? She read the noms and the winner from a card in front of a room full of tv reporters. Wow! That is almost identical to the real thing! Personally, I'm glad the stupid awards were canceled and I wish they'd all be canceled. They're such a waste of time and money it isn't even funny. As if actors and actresses aren't self-indulgent enough.

This just steams my vegetables. It is totally unbelievable. I saw a report on The Today Show about kids not wearing coats in the winter.
Yes, it WAS unbelievable that the Today Show would devote any time to this stupidity, but that's not the most shocking part. The kids are going without coats and they're saying it's "cool." Yet I "accidentally" sent all my offspring to school without their coats and the only word I heard was "NEGLECT"!!! Not one cop said, "Wow! That's outstanding!" as they were hauling my ass away.


Gawd, trying to figure out what the dog wants is like playing charades with a lousy partner. She was sitting beside me staring at me for the better part of a half hour so I know she wanted *some*thing. I have to ask her, then gauge the enthusiasm with which she wags her tail? "Do you need water?" Eh, barely a wag. "Do you want out?" No wag at all. "Do you want to play with your toy?" A wag, but an under enthusiastic wag. "Food?" WAGGETTY WAG WAG WAG. Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. If only I'd gotten a pointer. This would all be so much easier.

Now that I told him he can get westerns on NetFlix, Mr. G is loving it. I felt bad always getting movies for myself, but when I'd ask him, he wasn't interested. Then when I told him he could get the complete series of The Rifleman and Wild, Wild West and Big Valley, he perked right up. That Rifleman rifle WAS his favorite toy of all time, ya know;) And that reminded me of Here Come the Brides, a show with Bobby Sherman I used to LOVE. Although it was hard buying Bobby Sherman as a logger. So this time around he's watching the first disc of the Big Valley, season 1 and the movie version of Lost in Space. After watching the first show, he said, "I never realized what big pussies these guys were!" LOL! I said, "Come on. You're always calling Little Joe a pussy." I'll never forget the day I realized how BAD Batman was. I used to live for that series. The acting and dialogue was so campy and ridiculous. When one of the villains nabbed the Boy Blunder, Batman actually said, "Unhand that boy or I'll demand to know the reason why." Yes, it was so bad I remembered it verbatim.

I was flipping channels and saw some dude showing expensive fashions and a cheaper version knock off of each. One lady said she spent a $1000 on a purse and he showed a $20 version that was almost identical. Maybe it's my twisted way of thinking, but I'd rather pay $20 for a purse and have the $980 to carry around IN it.

6 comments:

BBC said...

Lay it on you?

Okay, I think that you need to stop watching so much TV.

But what do I know?

Carry on then.

Gledwood said...

darling i fully understand the hot chocolate thing...

o damn !! i know that bbc man above. he gave a really patronizing comment once when i asked if he was "british" like me

ho-hum

keep warm

here in London it is not warm, not Siberian either

very "inbetween" as us brits are ever wont to be

take care and dont get diarrhoea

remember here on the sceptre'd isle we spell that word with the added "O"

;->...

*Goddess* said...

Gledwood, we pronounce "diarrhoea" with an "O", too. Usually there's a "SHIT!" that quickly follows after that "O".

~Fathairybastard~ said...

LOVED the Big Valley. And that line about Bobby Sherman is hilarious. Never saw that show. There's some casting for ya.

Anonymous said...

A policeman pulls a man over for speeding and asks him to get out of the car. After looking the man over he says, "Sir, I couldn't help but notice your eyes are bloodshot. Have you been drinking?"

The man gets really indignant and says, "Officer, I couldn't help but notice your eyes are glazed. Have you been eating doughnuts?"

Stacey

BRUNO said...

Ya' know, it never really struck me as strange then, but---did ja' ever wonder when you were a kid WHY Batman had a young MALE partner? And, how about the Green Hornet---with Cato, eh? And why did Wonder Woman only want to kick MEN'S asses? And, judging by the outfit, Superman didn't have a NUT one, let alone a "super" package!

Was the "silver-screen" tryin' to tell us somethin' already then???