Saturday, December 29, 2007

take the last train to clarksville

Here's my ring! I don't know why it didn't occur to me to take the picture from the online site in the first place. But I love, love, LOVE it!

Mr. G rolled over in bed last night and whispered that having the offspring

home all the time was "cramping our style". I said, "We don't have a 'style'. That's what's cramping our style." Speaking of being cramped, Mr. G and I slept together the last couple nights since someone else is using my bed. We had 2 positions all night long: curled up in the fetal position to the left or curled up in the fetal position to the right. I MISS MY BED!!

Every night before I go to bed, I pray, "Dear Lord, please do NOT let Mr. G see that
infomercial for "Mighty Putty" because he'll be puttying everything that he hasn't duct taped. Thank You for Your support in this matter, Lord."

I want to assure you that absolutely NO REINDEER were sickened by our "magic reindeer food" this Christmas. Yeah, that's right, we didn't make any.

If Hollywood wanted to make a movie that would scare the hell out of people, they shouldn't have made "Snakes On A Plane," they should have made "Tuberculosis On A Plane." BTW, whatever happened to the Bird Flu? I thought we were all dying of that. You know, after we didn't all die of SARS.

I've been watching some prison shows--they had a marathon the day before yesterday--and I find it interesting that the most often repeated complaint among these thieves, murderers and child molesters fighting amongst themselves is that someone 'disrespected' them. There was a case on the noon news about a prisoner who went wild in the court room because he felt he was being 'disrespected'.
Pretty damn ironic that they choose that word.

That hot bag o'wind Rush Limbaugh had the balls to say this of political candidate Hilary Clinton: "Will this country want to actually watch a woman get older before the eyes on a daily basis?" as IF her looks has ANYTHING to do with her political experience. He also said that older men look "more authoritative,
accomplished, distinguished." Really, Rush? Hasn't worked in your case.
Rush's attitude is every bit as infantile as people who vote for a candidate based on their looks. We've had to stand by and watch every male
President age before our very eyes, I don't think it'll kill anyone to watch a
female President age. After all, she'd be voted in to lead the country, not be a pin-up model for Rush to jack off to.

9 comments:

BRUNO said...

Mighty-Putty, eh? That's right up there with J-B Weld, in the "double-tube mix"! GREAT stuff! ALMOST as fulfilling as sex---ALMOST...!!!

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I take it you don't like America's official drug addict.:)

Limblow isn't the problem. The problem is the "ditto heads" who actually believe what he says!

Mushy said...

Don't you just hate it when someone takes up half the bed...keeps you from doing snow angels in the pillow top!

Getting my own bed actually saved my life and my wife from a life in prison.

I'd rather look at anyone besides Hillary!

Lin said...

Whoooo - N-I-C-E ring! Myself, I'd be afraid of wearing something that nice - get it caught in the table saw or get it crammed full of cow doodoo. sigh
But that Mighty Putty sounds pretty darned enticing!

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, Bruno, that's what I'm afraid of! Besides, I just know I'll find that stuff everywhere...
My favorite in the commercial was where they formed it into a mug handle. I'm thinking, "how much do mugs cost that people have to fashion a handle instead of tossing the damn thing for a new one at Dollar General?!"

*Goddess* said...

I consider him a big problem, Dan'l, cuz he's got he radio show, the clout and the big mouth to get those crazies to follow him.

*Goddess* said...

I nabbed that bed last night, Mushy, and I'm telling you, I went to be at 9:30 and never moved until 3:30 when I had to pee. The night before, sleeping with my husband, I bet I woke up about ten times. It was BEAUTIFUL sleeping alone:) And I hate to say that cuz it sounds like I don't enjoy sleeping with my husband, but I have to have room to toss and turn or I'm miserable. It's funny, but when you're younger you do ANYTHING to sleep with your spouse, older and ya can't wait to sleep alone again...LOL!

*Goddess* said...

Wear-ibility is actually the reason I liked this ring so much, Lin. I tried two or three other ones, but they kept catching on stuff at work and when you're working around the elderly, you have to be careful not to wear anything that might scratch or bruise. I kept saying I wanted the smooth band, and doggone it if my husband didn't find it:)

Lin said...

GREAT point on wearing a flush band style around elderly patients. I was care-giving the elderly matron next door for quite a while and I can see this being an issue. Now, on the other hand, after dealing with her daughter - I need to ask this; "Did Mr. G. find any elegantly appointed 'gold knuckles' while he was out shopping?" Someone needs to 'take her out' in style some day.