Wednesday, December 26, 2007

murder he narrated

I forgot to mention that the offspring bought me several boxes of "MenoCheck" for Christmas. It's a one step urine test to tell whether or not you're in menopause. Last night when I started yelling about the state of the living room, they began pelting me with the boxes. I think they might have been hinting at something, but I'm not sure what. It's a sucky gift, but it still beats the "Year of the Chia Pet" when I got 16 of them.

Gawd, I can't believe it's Wednesday already! One more day and I have to go back to work. The $ is nice, but these hours get to me after awhile.

It's official! Mr. G tried it and it worked. The next time you have a cold and are coughing a lot at night, rub the soles of your feet with Vicks VapoRub and put on heavy socks. He tried it last night and he never coughed once, despite the fact that he was very skeptical about it. I don't know why it works, but I do know that when I used t put Vicks on my chest, the cold seemed to settle into the chest, which was the exact opposite of what I wanted.

If you're a Forensic Files nut like I am, this will have you rolling. Anybody who watches the show knows that the narrator has a very distinctive voice. I was watching TV on Christmas Day and I saw that stupid commercial about the day they removed the Whopper from Burger King's menu and
they have a special website with video of customer reactions. I logged onto watch the video and guess who is narrating? It's the guy from Forensic Files! LOL....it's hilarious.
I'd love to know what that guy's name is, and I even sat through almost 8 minutes of that drivel, but they never listed his name.
The funniest thing about that video is that no one recognized the "manager," who is an actor I've seen on credit card commercials.
BTW, there's a real hottie in this vid with grey hair and a dark goatee. He's the guy
talking about how his parents used to put them all in a van and take them for a Whopper. For us, it was Stuver's Chicken. The funny thing is--and Mr. G still laughs about this--my mother would say, "You can have a drink and a sandwich, or fries and a sandwich, but you can't have all three," as IF we were eating at some
expensive restaurant. Then just to piss my mother off, we'd say stuff like, "What
if we want a drink and fries? Or fries and a pie?" until she was screaming, "ANY TWO!!"

6 comments:

Catmoves said...

Merry Christmas Goddess. Thanks for that tip about Vicks. (Although I still wonder about the connection between the souls of my feet and a top part on my chest.)

*Goddess* said...

Merry Christmas!

I don't know what the connection is either, but I think it must have something to do with the heat because it said to use thick socks. And hey, it worked;)

H2o said...

I was told about the sock thing at PT last week. I guess I'll have to try it now.

BBC said...

Peppermint alcohol is also good for coughing. And if you drink enough of it you don't care if you have a cold. LOL

*Goddess* said...

LOL! Good one, Billy. I had a sip of that at a Christmas party one year...damn, was it ever strong!

CHEWY said...

It takes two hands to handle the Whopper. The two fisted burger from Burger King.

Three different people gave me lavender soap. What's up with that?