Thursday, December 06, 2007

walkin' in a winter wonderland


A "drunken, stupid thing" or an orgy? You be the judge.

For the last couple of days, I've been thinking about doing a 7 day computer fast. I was laying in bed last night thinking about it. I bought my laptop to work on my writing and I'm so focused on coming up with stuff for my blog that I've hardly written a thing. Now when I try to come up with ideas for my novel, I'm drawing a blank, whereas I used to have tons of ideas. Too many, in fact. So last night I was thinking, "I really should stop logging on cold turkey for seven days." Then I thought, "Hmm, a week is a long time, maybe I should start with five days or even three? Wait! I'll start with one day, then add on from there." Funny how the mind works. I haven't even started and I'm talking myself out of it. I was talking to my husband about it, and he said, "How did you fill your day before you got the computer?" I said, "I think I used to read a lot of those rectangle things with pages and words." He said, "You mean 'books'?" Yeah, those.

A Lehigh Valley (PA) triple A baseball team mascot was nicknamed "Porkchop" because well, he's a pig. Immediately Puerto Ricans bellyached because apparently "pork chop" used to be a racial slur years ago. I'm telling ya, cock-a-doodle-do, people----banned in all states!! Mark my words.


4 comments:

BRUNO said...

PAT HOUSEWORTH hit me with this same "problem-phrase" earlier in the week---and we STILL haven't found what's so offensive about it! And we're both OLD! We SHOULD know about all the slangs of the past! But we've never heard of THIS one!

Oh, BTW---I like that little icon on the top of your links list---that really IS, for the most part, a pretty "naughty" bunch, ain't it?

*Goddess* said...

Every one of you is not only naughty, but in line for a big ole lump of coal in your stocking:)

I've never heard the "slur" either, Bruno, but I think we've all figured out I lead a sheltered life..aka I'm incredibly naive;)

Lin said...

Geez, I had never heard that 'slur' either. Are they making things up these days just to mess with people's heads?

Lemme know if you give up blogging for more than a day. Shrinky seems to be doing okay so far but I don't think I could do it.

*Goddess* said...

LOL, Lin! I wondered the same thing, if they weren't just yanking our chains.

Carol has a stronger will than I do apparently. I can't even agree on a day to START! I was going to start today, then I thought, "Well, I'm off part of Monday, then all day Tuesday, Wed, and Thurs, so surely I'll want to be on the computer then?! Maybe I should start next Friday when I go back to work? I won't miss it as much." I'm sure I'll have an excuse then, too.