Saturday, December 22, 2007

it must have been the mistletoe





<---Awwww, there's a new little addition to my reindeer family! Isn't he cute?




Holly and I were laying in bed Friday morning around 7ish and we heard a noise on the front porch that startled both of us. She looked at me, and I was like, "Hey, you're the dog. You tell ME if it's something we have to be worried about."

As a mom, may I just say that this lead paint and asbestos scare in toys could not have come at a better time. This is the first year I don't have to strain my brain cells thinking up excuses as to why I can't afford expensive toys. Fruit of the Loom for everyone!

The other night we were driving around looking at the Christmas lights and Female Offspring #7 pointed at the sky and said, "Mommy, what planets do you think those are?" With me being the big astronomy buff, I thought for a few seconds and said, "Well, honey, just a guess, but I think that's Venus. Annnd," I studied the sky for a few more moments, "if my calculations are correct--and I think they are--the other planet would be Saturn."
She turned to Mr. G and asked him what he thought . He said, "They're the lights from the airport, Honey."
Yeah, that was my second guess.

I don't know who thought of the idea of labeling everything brown as "chocolate", but it's pure genius, and a fabulous marketing idea. Call it "gold" and I'm sorta interested. Call it "chocolate gold," and I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!
Chocolate cell phone? Need it. Chocolate diamonds? Can't live without 'em.
Dear Santa, Please bring me some Chocolate Jack Daniels. I've been an angel all year.

4 comments:

BBC said...

I hate how this planet is. I will spend the day alone other than getting a few hugs from Helen.

Lin said...

Fruit of the Loom, for everyone - you crack me up, girl.
So how do we know underwear is safe unless they took us seriously when we said "Get the lead out."

BBC said...

Oh, Fruit of the Loom, I like that, it's my favorite brand for undies.

Anonymous said...

Angel being a reative term and concept, right? ;-)

Stacey

PS: Did you see I blogged about the one Christmas song you haven't heard yet this year? I didn't want your Christmas to be lackluster without hearing it. Just doin' my part to spread the joy, Ma'am. :-D