Thursday, December 20, 2007

i'm dreaming of a (barely) white christmas

I was chatting with someone online about how Holly will be on a walk then suddenly just sit her ass down and refuse to move. The girl said, "No problem. I put my dog in a Snuggly and strap her to my chest." Yeah, that's kinda hard with a one hundred pound Lab. I mean, I know I need to strengthen my back muscles, but mutha please.

There's an interview in today's newspaper with Jamie Lynn Spears about her show Zoey 101 has reached some sort of "crossroads". I didn't pay any attention to that bullshit, but, in lieu of recent pregnancy events, I thought this part was interesting: "She's more open about her own situation, saying she had no serious boyfriend. 'I kind of just keep my options open,' she said." Apparently her options isn't the only thing she's keeping open. MEOW! Poor Mom Spears is batting a thousand with these two. I know this kid is on a Nickelodeon show, but the next season is already taped. By the time the season after that is filmed, she won't be pregnant anymore. So tell me, why does talk immediately turn to her getting fired? Perhaps the bf should lose his job, too? Whatever that might be. I doubt they'll fire her though. It would NOT look good. And if Hunter Tylo vs. Aaron Spelling has taught us anything, it probably isn't legal either.
What stuns me about all of this is not that another Spears kid is in trouble, but that some dumbass Christian publishing company actually wanted Mom Spears to write a book on PARENTING. I would not take any advice on raising children from a woman whose child had a "growth spurt" read "BOOB JOB" in her early teens.

5 comments:

BRUNO said...

Makes me glad I ain't a woman!!!

But then, I'll make a safe bet that I'm not the ONLY one who shares that statement---just ask my wife! I mean, gawd, can you even picture such a thing, without the "gag-reflex" kickin' in......?

Yeah, go ahead---strap that Lab to your chest! And change your name to Schwarzenegger.....!

Anonymous said...

She will probably be fired because of a morality clause in her contract and because she's not crossed out of the kid stage effectively by getting pregnant. She's no longer a child product and child star. Within months she will be a mother and be bumped up to adult status. Nickelodeon will want nothing to do with her. And who could blame them? She did this to herself, the dumb-ass twit.

Stacey

Anonymous said...

But, don't cry for her just yet, Argentina. As your hubby pointed out, now that's she's a pregnant 16-year-old, she will be eligable for all kinds of free single mommy stuff like housing, daycare, schooling and misc. expenses (like ciggies) by the gov't. Uncle Sam is gonna take reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal good care of Jamie Lynne (because clearly her own mother can't!).

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

I heard it depends on what the morality clauses really state. Some state that they can only be fired if the action is illegal, and I'm guessing in the state she's in, it might be illegal for her bf. More than likely they'll sit on her contract and pay her off. I'm sure she'll come out ok in the end...just like her sister.

*Goddess* said...

It just cheeses me that the onus is always on the female in this sort of situation. We have enough to deal with going through the pregnancy. Guys get a free ride. They never have to worry about losing their jobs. Or their figure, for that matter;)