Thursday, November 08, 2007

baby, you're just overblown


Last night Male Offspring #3 asked me the name of the treaty that officially ended World War I. I said, "I believe that was thee ever popular Treaty of Versailles," and I said it in such a way that he didn't know if I was serious or not. Because, quite frankly, I didn't know if I was serious or not. If I'm wrong, I say, "See? You can't depend on others to do your homework. Look it up!" If I'm right, I say, "Well, of course, I'm right. Stop underestimating your mother. You act like all I've retained over the years is water." Hearing my answer, Mr. G said, "Honey, I'm impressed. That's the correct answer." I said, "Don't be too impressed. It was the first treaty that came to mind. Followed closely by the Treaty of Pancakes."

Michael Jackson on people thinking he's a "freak": "Every neighborhood has the guy who you don't see, so you gossip about him."
Puhleeze. Don't even get me started on the guy in my trailer court who sleeps with little boys, makes his kids wear masks in public and has an amusement park for a home...

My guess is perverts everywhere were rushing to the toy store today to pick up some Aqua Dots, a cheap alternative to buying GHB from a dealer.

YAY! Carrie Underwood won a CMAA for "Before He Cheats." Love that song!

I watched MyCase.com on CourtTV last night. What an interesting show. I don't know if it's going to be a series or just this one show, but it kept my attention.
It followed the story of Taylor Behl, who moved to Richmond, VA to attend college. Two weeks later, she turned up missing.
Steve Huff scoured her MySpace page and analyzed every aspect of it and her conversations with other people. He checked out all her friends and narrowed the suspect down to one guy. His diligence was amazing. Things that seemed like insignificant details to me turned out to be important bits of insight into the suspect and where Behl might be found.
People have a tend to exaggerate about themselves online, and I'm wondering how they know what is the truth when reading someone's journal?
I have to admit, Benjamin Fawley's version of what happened to Taylor the night she died was almost laughable. He said she died from rough, consensual sex. He said she wanted to experience being kidnapped so he tied her up, and then he said, "I might have put my hand over her mouth and told her to shut up." He can't even lie creatively.
Excellent show. Of course, by Court TV standards that probably means we'll see it for a few weeks, then it will simply disappear from the schedule, as have so many good shows in the last few months.
Wouldn't it be great to know a guy like Steve? I'd have him on speed dial. I mean, think about it. You could call him up and
say, "Hey, Steve. I took a picture of my butt so I could see if it looked fatter than last month,
but I didn't want anybody to see it, so I hid it. Now I can't find it. Can you come over and find my butt?"
"Oooh, Steve! I downloaded a program and totally didn't pay attention to where I saved it. Now I can't find it. Can you help a blonde out?"
Yessirree, Steve would LOVE living next door to me.

10 comments:

Mushy said...

Did you watch the CMA's? Did you catch the Sugarlands song? Wow...I was impressed and I don't even like country.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"Yessirree, Steve would LOVE living next door to me."
ROTFL!! I can't speak for Steve, but I damn sure would! I'd have my cable unhooked and just watch you!:)

Lin said...

Damn it, girl, I will NEVER be able to keep up with your pop culture stuff but I wanted to leave a comment anyway. I mean we don't even run into the elk humping or anything.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I can't even keep up with my ten year olds homework, but I always seem to get the answers on "Who wants to be a millionaire?" I figure that's why they won't have me on the show - they're scared! (Did I mention I only get it right on the repeats? Yeah, but the kids don't know that. he-he.)

SpongyBones said...

Aqua Dots ... now I know why that dealer on the corner was missing yesterday! Damn him, and to think I was going to start charging him rent!

*Goddess* said...

Mushy, I didn't watch cuz I HATE country music, but I LOVE "Before He Cheats." I think moreso for the lyrics than the music, but it's good, too.

*Goddess* said...

Future, ahhh, so you'd be like the old dudes in the neighborhood who sit in their lawn chairs in the driveway watching the freak show on my side of the street, huh?

*Goddess* said...

That's ok, Lin. You can always tell the days I've spent too much time watching tv...LOL!

*Goddess* said...

Well, Carol, at least YOU get them right on the repeats...unlike someone else I know who can't even get them right on the threepeats.

*Goddess* said...

Next time you see that dealer, Spongy, undoubtedly he'll be selling tainted toys from China;)