Saturday, November 17, 2007

write here, write now

Eh, crap. My gf sent me a link to a book called "Brandon and the BiPolar Bear." You know what this means, right? It means I'm rushed to finish MY book called, "Patty and the Post-Menopausal Pachyderm" and "Peggy, the PMS'ing Penguin." I already wrote the blurb for the "Peggy, the PMS'ing Penguin" book: "You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to kill everyone around you." Now I just have to write the book.

I was reading a newspaper article about some rare bottles of Jack Daniels that were found during a raid in Lynchburg. (In my trailer, a "rare" bottle of Jack is any unopened bottle of Jack...) One spirit collector said, "A lot of these bottles are priceless. It's like having a rare painting." Yes, a painting that makes you drunk off your ass. Mmmmm, sweet tasting paintings...

6 comments:

Lin said...

I thought you were kidding about that book but the reviews made it sound like a big help to those afflicted and affected. I do think you would knock 'em dead with a book on PMS. I'm waiting for "Goddess and the Giggy Goose" as well.

Talk about vintage booze - I just found an 18 pack of Coors that we put aside for Slim back in July - wooweee!

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Catching up on my reading...I note J.D. plays a significant role lately around here.:) For me, it was Southern Comfort. If ever a badly needed medicine was aptly named.....:)

I want to thank you for your kind support during the last week. It was treasured, believe me!

Dustin said...

My father has some JD that was from the year I was born. 1979...Its still unopened, and just two little bottles of it in a collectors tin, but supposedly he and my grandfather were going to drink them on my 21st birthday...never happened though.

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, I thought the book was a joke, too, Lin, but it turns out to be real. What next, huh?

*Goddess* said...

Future, the best way to get through the holiday season is with a little JD. AND like the stores, I like to get a jump start on the "celebrating".

*Goddess* said...

Dustin, shouldn't YOU have downed those two bottles on your 21st birthday?! ;)