Tuesday, November 27, 2007

we've been to the top, we've been to the bottom

Yesterday was a holy day in Pennsylvania: First Day of Buck Season. The schools were closed, as were some businesses and I know this because Mr. G called all in a huff. He said, "I've been trying all morning to reach someone at Pepsi to confirm deliveries, and no one has been answering. Finally a woman answered and said, "Sir, we're closed. Don't you know this is the first day of buck season?" He said, "I don't care what it is. We need Pepsi delivered today!" He is such a non-hunter:)

How STUPID do you have to be to ask the cops to help you locate a car you stole?

I should HOPE she was wearing a "fake" mustache considering the robber was female. What I give to see a copy of the surveillance picture, doggone it!


I baked Chicken Parmesan ala Stacey yesterday before I left for work and it must have been a big hit. I made two big pans PLANNING to freeze some, and when I came home this morning, one pan was empty. I ended up having chicken Parmesan for breakfast. Yes, I was fresh out of peanut M&M's.

Mr. G and I went grocery shopping Sunday morning after I got home from work. Now I know that's not "World War III" type news, but I can't remember the last time we grocery shopped together. Usually I just throw $40 or $50 at him and say, "You'll take care of that, won't you, honey?" And he does cuz he's the bargain hunter type shopper. I'm the "I don't care if it's two cents cheaper at BiLo, just grab it while we're here!" type
shopper.

I couldn't find a video of it on youtube, but I love the Shadow T Mobile commercial where the girl is introducing her bf to her father, the ex-cop.
They're standing on the doorstep, and when she intro's him, the father says, "You don't mind if I do a quick pat down, do you?" and he proceeds to frisk the guy. Then he grabs him by the collar and leads him into the house, the same way cops put someone into a police car. Very funny stuff.

Bugs sends this article about the 25 most baffling toys. #7 Pee and Poo are my favorite! Thanks, Bugs!

Ok, I watched "Christmas Caper" with Plow Guy last night and while I liked it, I have a couple gripes. For Pete's sake, how hard is it to get a REALISTIC sheriff's uniform? One minute he had the badge pinned to his shirt and the next he was wearing it on a jacket with a t shirt and jeans. I'm guessing he pins it on his jammies at bed time? Oy.
Second gripe: these movies tend to portray the small town cop as a clueless buffoon, and this was no different. Olsson had no idea his gf was a thief until her small niece clued him in. Pathetic. But I was willing to overlook that. I loved the scene
where Doherty, who said she wasn't a "morning person," schlepped her niece's and nephew's "balanced lunches" (still in their McDonald's bags),
into the school while wearing her pajamas and fuzzy slippers. LOL!

10 comments:

Enforcer said...

Doesn't everyone wear their badges to bed? although it does suck in the summertime when I sleep shirtless ;)

Anonymous said...

hi.

this is a little weird, but i googled "tmobile ad frisk" and your blog came up. i was looking for the video on youtube too, because i'm the actor that gets frisked and i hadn't seen it yet. luckily i caught it last night.

anyways, wanted to say hi and glad that you liked it!

cheers,
IAN

*Goddess* said...

LOL! Good one, Frank:)

*Goddess* said...

Thanks so much for posting that, Ian. I love the ad. It's hilarious. Unfortunately, I've only seen it once, running in the evening.

Great job:)

~Fathairybastard~ said...

But did he look good in the uniform, and did it work for ya. maybe like me, you're fantacy life is gettin' too nit picky for your own good.

Mushy said...

The hunters in PA must be bad shots...I've never seen so many road killed deer in my life.

I'd say you could feed your brood cheaply by driving a 25 mile circuit each day along the Interstate system. Just pack a cooler and a sharp knife and bring home the meat...you wouldn't even need a refrigerator...just bring home enough for supper and get more tomorrow.

BBC said...

So other than that how is it going?

Lin said...

Mushy beat me to the observation about all those deer all over the roads.

Mark sounds a little like Mr. G when it comes to shopping. He does it because I take three times as long and buy lots of things that weren't on the list (although they were usually on unadvertised sales or clearance).

copluvr said...

the ad is funny and Ian is a real sweetie, G!

and why can't I get your blogger comments to work?

*Goddess* said...

I don't have any idea why it keeps giving you trouble. Sorry!