Wednesday, November 14, 2007

thursday's lowdown

What a weird day it's been. It started out overcast, then turned sunny, then the temps dropped suddenly, and we had thunderstorms/sleet and now it's snowing. Yuck.

The "Land of the Free"? State and County officials in Maryland have announced they will send parents to jail if they don't submit their children to forced vaccinations. Attorney General Glenn F. Ivey, who said, "We can do this the easy way or the hard way, but it's got to get done." It's nice to know that as parents, we have a say in our child's health, isn't it? Interesting, too, that the preservative in the vaccinations, thimerosal, has been banned decades ago in many foreign countries. And I'm sure the fact that we have a lot of autism in children who were born seemingly healthy is purely coincidental.

I have a lot of respect for Kayne West for backing out of the Victoria Secret fashion show because he's grieving for his mother. I'm so tired of these celebs who perform the day after (or the day OF) their parent/sibling dies and then says, "They'd WANT me to do this show." I'm sure the loss of revenue has NOTHING to do with it. Isn't it amazing how we know so much about other people's feelings and what they want for us after they're dead?

I am feeling much, much better today. I spent ALL day cleaning out my bedroom, and I took SIX bags of stuff to St. V. de Pauls. FROM ONE ROOM. And here's the kicker--I couldn't even get to the closet because it's full of Female Offspring #1's crap. I emailed her and told her "get rid of it or I'm burning it" when she's home Thanksgiving weekend. Seven years she's been gone and she's still holding the closet hostage. I told her I didn't care if she kept the stuff above the closet, but I want the bottom cleaned out so I can store my sweeper, rug cleaner and standing Christmas decorations in it. She's got stacks and stacks of papers from GRADE SCHOOL packed in there. Enough is enough. All those bags to the thrift store and I never even touched Mr. G's stuff...LOL! But this cleaning has been good for my soul, so I think the next time I'm off, I'm going to work on another room and see if I can get the clutter OUT of this place.

7 comments:

H2o said...

Can you come clean out my closets? PLEASE....

*Goddess* said...

It would probably be easy to clean someone else's closets out. I could be ruthless cuz it isn't my stuff:)

BRUNO said...

You just as well give up, you're already beaten! We DOMINATE MALES(!)can clutter-up ANY spot you clean TWICE as fast as you tried in vain to clear it! Now, in all honesty, I can't speak for the DOMINANT FE-MALES of the family...!

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

We have a shoe-cupboard by our front door which is never used anymore, 'cos if you dare to sling any shoes in there, it'll be eaten by the pile. I have FIVE years worth of trainers, slippers, shoes, sandals, boots and crocs (all times six) I keep meaning to chuck..

ps. Tag - you're it!

*Goddess* said...

Sadly, Bruno, I'm finally realizing that what you say is true. I cleaned the kitchen on Monday and on Tuesday I was sweeping up all the leaves there were dragged in during the day. UGH!!

*Goddess* said...

Are those Crocs comfy, Carol? They don't look it and they remind me of those Jelly shoes that everyone insisted were sooo damn comfortable. UGH. Flats are the pits.

Ok, I'm getting over to your site...eventually. I didn't take my laptop to work today so I have a long list of reads!

Lin said...

I'm torn between your inclinations and Mr. G's - seems I'd drag a LOT of cheap or free stuff home and then get the satisfaction of 'cleaning' by dragging it back out the door a year or two later.