While I'm writing this, I'm on slacker.com listening to all sorts of Christmas music, commercial free! And I didn't have to download a doggone thing.
Wooo hoooo! Only the day after Thanksgiving and already I got to see "A Season For Miracles" last night.
I LOVE that movie. This was my 6th time seeing the movie. Now I'll have to read the book again. It's so much better.
Yesterday I watched, "A Season..," "Angel on Earth," and "Christmas Visitor."
Here's a list of observations after watching one too many holiday movies for
my review page:
1. Why are the stressed out, overworked people always ad execs?
2. Angels ARE NOT people and people DO NOT turn into angels.
3. Exactly what is Santa's "naughty or nice" criteria?
4. How many people really come back from the dead at Christmastime?
I only know of one, maybe two in my family.
5. If Santa keeps all the letters children write forever, he must have one hell of a filing system.
6. Santa has a shitty filing system.
7. Why does Santa get all hissy and refuse to work? He only works one farking day a year!
And really, the elves get stuck with all the labor.
8. Why does Mrs. Claus always nag? "Dress warmly, Nick. You'll catch a cold, Nick."
He lives at the North Pole. If he hasn't caught a cold by now, he never will.
9. Why does everyone around Santa always kiss his ass?
Reminds of that Twlight Zone ep with Billy Mumy, "Don't send me into the cornfield!"
10. Can't the true meaning of Christmas EVER be gifts? Must it always be about the LOVE?
11. The joy of giving--could there BE a crappier gift?