Saturday, November 24, 2007

it's ho, ho, ho-liday movie time!!

While I'm writing this, I'm on slacker.com listening to all sorts of Christmas music, commercial free! And I didn't have to download a doggone thing.

Wooo hoooo! Only the day after Thanksgiving and already I got to see "A Season For Miracles" last night.
I LOVE that movie. This was my 6th time seeing the movie. Now I'll have to read the book again. It's so much better.
Yesterday I watched, "A Season..," "Angel on Earth," and "Christmas Visitor."
Here's a list of observations after watching one too many holiday movies for
my review page:
1. Why are the stressed out, overworked people always ad execs?
2. Angels ARE NOT people and people DO NOT turn into angels.
3. Exactly what is Santa's "naughty or nice" criteria?
4. How many people really come back from the dead at Christmastime?
I only know of one, maybe two in my family.
5. If Santa keeps all the letters children write forever, he must have one hell of a filing system.
6. Santa has a shitty filing system.
7. Why does Santa get all hissy and refuse to work? He only works one farking day a year!
And really, the elves get stuck with all the labor.
8. Why does Mrs. Claus always nag? "Dress warmly, Nick. You'll catch a cold, Nick."
He lives at the North Pole. If he hasn't caught a cold by now, he never will.
9. Why does everyone around Santa always kiss his ass?
Reminds of that Twlight Zone ep with Billy Mumy, "Don't send me into the cornfield!"
10. Can't the true meaning of Christmas EVER be gifts? Must it always be about the LOVE?
11. The joy of giving--could there BE a crappier gift?

12 comments:

BBC said...

"While I'm writing this, I'm on slacker.com listening to all sorts of Christmas music."

"10. Can't the true meaning of Christmas EVER be gifts? Must it always be about the LOVE?
11. The joy of giving--could there BE a crappier gift?"

Um, sometimes I have trouble picking up on satire, but I do think there is some in your post.

Must it always be about love? Well, I'm not going to buy you a gift, but I will tell you that I love you. In a platonic way of course.

Even though I may flirt with you once in a while. LOL

As for Christmas songs, I don't listen to many of them unless I'm out and there are some playing.

I seldom turn on a radio or TV here. Or listen to music on my computer. Hugs

CHEWY said...

2. Angels ARE NOT people and people DO NOT turn into angels.

I just recently realized this. Damn! I want wings!

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"2. Angels ARE NOT people and people DO NOT turn into angels."
Would you PLEASE tell me wife that?:)

BBC said...

CHEWY.... You are so wrong about angels. If you don't believe me just go look in a mirror. :-)

Okay, so there are a few rough edges and when you was young you was taught a lot of stupid stuff.

But it doesn't mean that you are not an angel in the making. Hugs.

Lin said...

So you liked that Billy Mumy episode, too? I could always picture myself saying "You're a bad, bad IRS man (county inspector, plumber, blogger, whatever), OFF to the cornfields you go!" There'd be a whole lot of folks with cornstalks up their arses.

~Fathairybastard~ said...

Ok, too much logic applied to a children's fantasy. I figure the best movie is White Christmas, but I'll always have a soft spot for It's a Wonderful Life.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Meant to answer this before, but forgot.
"4. How many people really come back from the dead at Christmastime?"
In my family, it was always at least three or four. "Christ rose from the dead; I rose amidst dead Soldiers."

*Goddess* said...

Billy, your comment made me laugh my butt off. You think there's "some" satire in my post, huh? LOL! Yeah, I'd say you're right:)

*Goddess* said...

No, Lin, I did NOT like that Bill Mumy episode, but it seems like the more a movie/show disturbs me, the better I remember it! But I really remember it because they did a remake not that long ago with Bill's daughter playing the part he did. OMG is that girl ever a good actress! Did you happen to catch it?
Would be nice to make SOME people disappear though, I gotta agree with you there!

*Goddess* said...

FHB, I have never seen White Christmas, which is amazing since I have about 80 movies on my page. Is that with Bing Crosby?

I have seen Wonderful Life several times.

*Goddess* said...

Chewy, there's always glitter wings:)

CHEWY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.