Sunday, November 11, 2007

follow the yellow brick road

A huge THANKS to Mike South
for spending the better part of the afternoon yesterday
helping me set up my TV/VCR/PIECE O'CRAP DVD/DIRECT TV box.
That having been said, here's Mike's problem: he's TOO FRICKING PATIENT.
He had me set up the TV/Direct TV box first, then we tried adding the DVD, but it wasn't working. I kept saying, "Forget the DVD. Just hook up the VCR."
But nay, he came up with this lamebrain idea that we set it up right to begin with----pffft!
Here's the best part, though. Mike fixed it for me juuuust in time for me to tape COPS Saturday night...LOL!
(It's hilarious because he's always kvetching that I yak about COPS (and cops) too much. Frankly, I don't think that's possible.)

I usually buy one new Christmas ornament or decoration each year and this year
I picked up a beautiful jingle bell snowflake. I loves me some jingle bells!
And may I just say, Big Lots, $25 for a freaking jingle bell wreath?! WTH are you kidding?!
I can get them for $8 at Dollar General, and they're just as purdy.




I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the news story concerning the girl who received 2 days detention for hugging two of her friends, one of whom had just lost her parent.
When they asked the school superinendent if this wasn't a bit extreme, he said, "Hugs lead to other things." What an idiot.
What's hugging going to lead to? Feelings of (GASP!) happiness? Or worse yet, friendship?!
The young girl involved made an incredibly astute observation, saying: "In DARE they tell us 'Hugs, not Drugs,' now they tell us we can't hug."
Should have gone with the drugs. No downside there.

9 comments:

BRUNO said...

I think the little lady who made that off-the-cuff statement deserves a fully-paid scholarship to the college of her choice, upon graduation!

That is, if todays' "politically-correct" system will LET her graduate...!

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, they'll let her graduate as long as there's NO HUGGING at the ceremony!! You know that leads to "stuff"!

BBC said...

I have a good friend with a tivo unit, if I spelled that right. Boy, is he hooked on that thing, he spends hours and hours screwing with it.

I don't want to see a world without hugs, but it may come to that. What a lonely world it will be. Hugs.

H2o said...

When I was watching that on the news I actually thought I heard it wrong. Someone needs to take a paddle to his brain.

I like your new Christmas decoration. You'll have to post a picture of the tree once you get it up.

*Goddess* said...

I haven't put up a Christmas tree since we got Holly. I keep WAITING for her to settle down! God only knows what she'd do to the tree and the ornaments while we're at work.

You can't tell from the pic, but this is actually a big snowflake. I have it hanging on the wall, but I'd love to figure out a way to suspend it somewhere.

*Goddess* said...

I *wish* I had a Tivo, Billy, cuz you don't have to worry about tapes or dirty heads. And they're making these VCR units cheaper and cheaper as time goes on.

Lin said...

That's really sad - I've given away bear hugs to friends for years and it never led to anything but them feeling like someone just plain gave a damn.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I just saw on the news this morning some of our schools are teaching pupils to MASSAGE each other - it improves concentration and encorages less disruptive behaviour - yeah, I'll bet it does!! It's hard to sling chairs across the room if you're wearing a hard-on, eh? (Wink)

*Goddess* said...

Oh you can MASSAGE someone but ya can't give them a HUG? Come on. What's next? Oral sex improves test scores?