Thursday, October 04, 2007

i believe the world is burning to the ground

I'm pulling triple duty this week, updating this site, my Hottcops site and Mike South's site this weekend, all from home. What a rip off. South changed to Word Press format just to screw with my disco and don't think I don't know it! Oh, he said it would be easier to update, blah blah, but I know it was just so he could cheat me out of my free trip to Georgia every year!!

Yesterday I found this note taped to my front door: "We have taken your pumpkin and your geese hostage. If you ever want to see them again, leave an envelope with $50 under the "not welcome mat" and a box of Little Debbie snack cakes--not the oatmeal pies, we hate them--on the front steps tonight before you go to bed."
Instead of complying, I taped this note on the door last night: "I have received your ransom note, but I've chosen NOT to leave the requested ransom. There were three raccoons on the front porch last night, and I'd hate to have them feasting on Little Debbie cakes. They might get diabetes. I expect to find my pumpkin on the front porch when I wake up. Otherwise, I might be forced to steal some iPod's and cell phones while you kidnappers are at school. Ever so sincerely yours, Goddess. P.S. Keep the geese. I hate them."

My last couple Direct TV bills have not arrived until AFTER the due date, so I emailed Direct TV, explained the problem and complained about them not sending their bills out earlier in the month. I'm not going to pay late fees for something that isn't my problem. Luckily I've caught it each time. They emailed me and said that if my due date wasn't convenient for me I should consider paying online. Was that what I said?! And how can it be "convenient" for me when the bills arrive three days after they're due? Mr. G aka Mr. Conspiracy Theory, is convinced they're trying to force me to pay via the internet.
Personally, I don't think most of these companies give you enough TIME to pay your bill. CitiCards will send me a bill on the 1st of the month and it's usually due around the 22nd. Those bastards at Chase will send me a bill on the 1st or 2nd (and it's the 3rd and I still don't have it either) and it's due on the 10th. I think that since credit card companies are permitted to add these HUGE late fees and these HUGE interest charges if you miss one payment, they should be legally bound to give us AT LEAST 21 days to pay a bill.

14 comments:

SpongyBones said...

LMAO, I love how creative your kids are! Too bad you can't hold your Sat disc hostage for easy billing!

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, I'll just end up with a lousy credit rating if I do that.

Lin said...

Bru-ha-ha-ha - make them keep the geese until they agree to give YOU the big ransom to get them out of their lives. You can then buy a bed-load of new pumpkins and still have a few bucks left over.

Anonymous said...

The second I buy, the second I pay up (or the first second I have the money in my account to cover my spending). I have three weeks interest free to pay from the time the purchase is made, not three weeks from the time I get my bill. I don't even look at my credit card bill anymore. And Joe pays off our joint one, but to be fair, I don't use it till I have to Christmas shop around this time of the year. And even then, I used my own card the other day for the first $200.

Stacey

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"Otherwise, I might be forced to steal some iPod's and cell phones while you kidnappers are at school. Ever so sincerely yours, Goddess. P.S. Keep the geese. I hate them.""
ROTFL!! Give them credit - they can think!:) Re the geese - we had a shit pot full of those damn things wandering around where we used to live. I used to discreetly venture outside after dark with a ball bat - and knock a few goosies fruitcake.:) God, they were vicious pricks!!

"Mr. G aka Mr. Conspiracy Theory, is convinced they're trying to force me to pay via the internet."
He wins the fur lined potty. If they can get enough people to pay online, they can lay off some workers that would otherwise have to handle the paper statements. Some CC company a while back was sued for sending bills too late to be paid on time, and had to refund all late charges. I forget who they were.

*Goddess* said...

"Creative," Spongy? At this rate, they're future kidnappers and terrorists!

*Goddess* said...

Good thinking, Lin. I should make them carry one of those damn geese onto the school bus with them. That would end it right quick!

*Goddess* said...

I have one cc that I transfered a couple big purchases to and I'm paying on that with a good chunk every month.
I have another that I use for small purchases and pay off right away, but I'm trying to get rid of ALL cc's because I hate the way they keep us broke by borrowing from our future pays.

*Goddess* said...

Ya know, Future, I never realized geese WERE such nasty creatures, but my co-worker was saying the same thing a few weeks ago. There are some Canadian geese down here and they're near water near her house. She said the geese are constantly fighting each other and flying at neighborhood residents. They look like such sweet creatures standing near the river...

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ha, see - told you you'd sow what you reap - them there kids are a credit to you (tee-hee). Damn bills, poor hubby has a breakdown over the size of half of them (snigger). Well, as I keep reminding him, nobody can look this good without a little maintenance.. cigarettes, wine and chocolates don't come cheap you know.

H2o said...

You know I had the same problem last year. I called them up and chewed some ass. Needless to say my bill comes earlier now.

*Goddess* said...

They're telling me it's the post office's fault, Becky. The old "pass the buck" game. But I'm calling the P.O. on Monday if the bill isn't here to find out what they have to say, then I'm getting back to Direct TV. This is bullshit. I'm not paying any late fees because I just so happened to catch it both months, but if I miss, I'm gonna kick ass if they slap me with a fee.

*Goddess* said...

You need to make your own cigarettes, Carol...LOL. Grow your own wacky tobacky:)

Carl said...

Good Job! :)