Wednesday, September 12, 2007

while I'm alone and blue as can be, dream a little dream of me

Another brilliant statement by Kanye West. He said of the Britney Spears opening number at the awards show: "Man, they [MTV] were just trying to get ratings, and they knew she wasn't ready and they exploited her." Ya know, he's right. Britney might be old enough to get married (a couple of times) and old enough to have kids (a couple of times) but clearly she is NOT old enough (or mature enough) to stand up and say, "I am not ready for a public appearance. I thought I was, but I'm not. Thanks for the opportunity, but no thanks." Kanye also said that HE should have started off the show with "Stronger" or HE should have ended the show instead of Justin Timerblake, Timbalin and Nelly Furtado. Hmmm, apparently West has no problem with MTV "exploiting" him, huh?

A big YAY! to Kathy Griffin for winning an Emmy for her show "My Life on the D List." And they're going to censor her speech. She said, "...a lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus." She went on to hold up her Emmy, make an off-color remark about Christ and proclaim, "This award is my god now!" My guess is her "off color remark" included the word "fuck". It always does.

There are times I don't think our health care system could get any more fugged up than it is. Yesterday afternoon I saw an ad on tv from a lawyer's group asking people who had taken Avandia and Actos to become part of a lawsuit against the drug manufacturer, and YET they are still dispensing BOTH of these drugs. "As many as 200,000 heart attacks and deaths have been caused by Avandia since it was approved by the FDA" and it's still on the market. This is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time. They dispense drugs that aren't safe and sue because these drugs are unsafe at the same time. Only in the United States.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The part they are cuttng is, "...Suck it, Jesus! This award is my god now."

http://perezhilton.com/?p=5256

Stacey

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus."
I have no idea who the lady is that said this, and I watch MTV oh......five minutes every thirty years or so.:) But I sure would like to give her one hell of a hug a huge THANK YOU!!!

~Fathairybastard~ said...

Watch it now and then. Too much "reality" TV nowadays. And what's with the dufus hubby/hairdresser?

*Goddess* said...

Frankly I'm surprised it was "suck", Stacey....

*Goddess* said...

Future, you don't know Kathy Griffin?!

*Goddess* said...

Matt isn't "on the show" anymore, FHB. They're splitsville and now she has some other guy living with her and helping her with her tour.

Anonymous said...

It's not the word but the expression behind it they are choosing to sensor. To them, suck it! is still like saying, fuck you! What can I say, the guidelines and criteria for which words and phrases make it to the banning lists are wonky at best, severely outdated at worse.

Stacey

SpongyBones said...

Goddess, why didn't hey exploit you and ask you to host the MTV Awards ... idiots they are. I bet they take meds that mess up their thought process!

Mushy said...

Kayne West is an egotistical bastard.

Britney is fat!

They are all circus people and we need to quit worshiping them.

Kathy Griffin will live to regret her statements - you can't tease God and survive long. He can bring you up and he can bring you down.

*Goddess* said...

Kathy's already on the D List, Mushy. How much more can God smite her?

Mushy said...

There's always the F List!

*Goddess* said...

Damn it, I was gonna say that!