Saturday, September 22, 2007

three minutes from heaven

Hmm, let me see if I can figure this Mattel thing out. They apologize to China saying the problem with the toys is THEIR fault in order to keep a good working relationship with China. Then the Chinese product saftey chief reminds Mattel that "a large part of your annual profit ... comes from your factories in China. This shows that our cooperation is in the interests of Mattel, and both parties
should value our cooperation. I really hope that Mattel can learn lessons and gain experience from these incidents."
More importantly, I hope the American consumers learn that Mattel is willing to cut corners on toy safety as long as they make a profit.
And I hope they remember it this coming Christmas season.


Favorite headline of the day:
"Laser Surgery In Wrong Hands Can Be Dangerous."
Really? Damn. Guess I'm gonna have to call
my auto mechanic and tell him to cancel my Lasik surgery.
And I was so looking forward to the oil, lube and eye job discount he was giving.

I was at the hospital visiting my mother in law yesterday and I arrived at bath time. I was standing out in the hallway right outside her room and I could hear the two nurses who were attending to her.
One was talking about some new guy she met and the other was talking about how much she liked sex with the guy she's dating.
She went on to stress how good he was in bed and how much better he is than the last guy she was living with.
I can't help but wonder what in the world these two were thinking discussing such a private issue in public?
Anybody going in and out of that room (or visiting the other patient) got an earful. And trust me, my M-I-L was NOT happy with the conversation either.

Wow. Critics are really hating "Good Luck, Chuck." The guy who reviewed it on CNN said Jessica Alba should never speak in movies again and Dane Cook should quit acting! And he wasn't joking either. Now that is harsh.

Speaking of Hollywood, before her own nudie pictures surfaced, Vanessa Hudgens was asked what she thought of Britney's mess.
She said, "It's easy to stay out of those situations. You just have to be smart about your decisions." Pot? Kettle? Either of you want to weigh in on this one?

Screw you guys! I'm going home.

3 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Hey, when I'm in a nursing home, I pray my daughter-in-law doesn't veto my cheap thrills by censoring what my 20-something carer's talk about, they assuming I'm deaf, blind and mentally too incompetent to have a clue about what their talking about. It's probably going to be the only vicarious pleasure left to me!!

Lin said...

That's pretty inconsiderate treatment of their patients' sensibilities.

SpongyBones said...

Yeah, hmmmmmm, now you have me thinking before I have my lazik I'm demanding a piss test from my doc!