Wednesday, September 05, 2007

memories light the corners of my mind

Many is the time I used to drive naked to visit my mom and dad. Good times. Good times.


ANGOLA, Ind. - A naked man driving along the Indiana Toll Road was arrested and charged because his lewd conduct distracted other motorists, police said.

The 37-year-old Chicago man was traveling east to Ohio to visit his mother, police said. He was nude and had petroleum jelly on his hands when a state trooper pulled him over about 10 miles from the Ohio line Wednesday, police said.

The man, who told police he was comfortable driving in the nude, was charged with misdemeanor indecent exposure, punishable by up to a year in jail.

The trooper, Al Martinez, a four-year veteran of the Indiana State Police, said he walked up to the passenger side of the SUV and saw that the man had dropped a T-shirt across his midsection. Other motorists had called police about the driver, with several calls from truckers who could see into the front seat of the SUV.

Martinez made the man put his clothes back on before handcuffing him and putting him in the back of the squad car.

The man was released Thursday from the Steuben County Jail on $1,000 bond.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Petroleum jelly. Seriously? WTF for?!?!?

Wait! On second thought, I'm positive I don't want to know why.

Stacey

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Hi:
I stumbled by here by accident (most of what I do "right" is done that way, quite honestly!), and I have to say you have a wonderful sense of humor, as well as writing skills! I spent a delightful hour or so just reading.:)

Mushy said...

It wasn't public until he was told to get out of the private vehicle into public!

bugs said...

Dear God. We have enough weird people here (self included). We don't need any more. What part of Ohio was he headed to?

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, you think about that petroleum jelly comment for a few seconds, Stacey. LOL. First thing that came to my mind was "on his HANDS? Butthole maybe. But HANDS?"

*Goddess* said...

Thanks so much, TFWY. I appreciate you stopping by and I've added your blog to my Google reader, so I'll be checking you out, too;)

*Goddess* said...

Awww, come on, Mushy. Are you gonna tell me that if you saw a chick driving naked down the freeway, you wouldn't want a cop to pull her naked ass out of the car, too?

*Goddess* said...

It didn't say, Bugs, and I don't know where his mommy lives. Thank God;)

SpongyBones said...

You can bet your azz if it was a woman she wouldn't hae gone to jail!

H2o said...

For some odd reason this reminds me of Spongy Bones....

*Goddess* said...

I think it depends on whether or not she was well built, SB:) LOL.
Just kidding. I saw a hottie dancing naked in the street on one of the "Most Shocking" shows and she went to jail.

~Fathairybastard~ said...

Pure case of gender discrimination. Truckers would NOT hbe calling a cop to get a woman arrested. They'd be getting into wrecks trying to get her picture. Leave the motorized masturbators, and the pot heads, the fuck alone! Those bastards took my shit back in 05 and the cops are too busy to do jack about it because of THIS SHIT? N***a please!

*Goddess* said...

'05? Damn you gotta kiss that shit goodbye. If they haven't found the people who did it by now...

Well, I look at it differently, I guess. When drug addicts need money for drugs, they often turn to stealing. If ya get to the root of the problem, it might not get that far.

Lin said...

Oh Geez, I've obviously led a very sheltered life. I thought 'getting off at the next exit' meant something entirely different.