Sunday, September 16, 2007

how clothes minded can ya get?

When I become a filthy rich writer OR strike it big in the lottery, my husband is going to be in for HUGE sticker shock when I hit the stores.
I was showing him the article about the rich dude from West VA, and I said, "You don't know how lucky you have it
being married to me. Every season this guy's wife and granddaughter would buy all new wardrobes."
Mr. G said, "What?! You bought a brand new wardrobe the beginning of summer."
Me: "I went to WalMart and bought five different colored t shirts for $6.99 each."
Mr. G: "I know. That's what I'm saying."

8 comments:

Mushy said...

You've been taking lessons from David in headline writing! Good one.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Goddess,

Thank you Mushy! I agree that it's a great headline, Goddess.

Got your query about agents. Will answer it tonight (Melbourne time)

Keep smiling

David

Anonymous said...

Men. *rolls eyes* They will never understand... unless they are so metrosexual they come close enough to straddling the men on men fence.

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

Thanks, David, I look forward to reading it:)

*Goddess* said...

Thanks, Mushy:)

*Goddess* said...

Although what can I expect, Stacey? His idea of a wardrobe IS t shirt and jeans...

*Goddess* said...

Oh and may I just add NEVER buy t shirts from WalMart!! The damn sleeves come about a 1/2 inch of my shoulder and that's it. Don't those Chinese people HAVE shoulders or what?

H2o said...

I hate to admit this...but I use to do this all the time. I'm covering my face in shame...at least I fessed up. Right...