Monday, September 24, 2007

glitches and bitches

I am remiss in thanking David and Terry for their help with Blogger. I asked David how he added the bookmark widget under each post and he forwarded my request to Terry, who helped him set it up. (I think;) Anyway, there was weird glitch with my template that wouldn't allow me to add the widget. My gf Terri was here and when we tried to set up a blog in her name, using the same template, it came up entirely different even though we were both using new Blogger. Grrrrrr...stupid glitch. I tried reloading mine and it still didn't work, but I greatly appreciate the help from both of you gentlemen!

It is with a very sad heart that I post that I am about to bite into the last watermelon of 2007. Nooooooooo! I lurves me some watermelon.

I was rather disappointed in the 19th season premiere of The Simpsons Sunday night. I don't watch the show much anymore because it's not that funny, but Stephen Colbert was the guest and I'm a big fan of his. I should have gone with my first instinct and skipped it. The beginning was funny, though, when Homer came running onto the couch and saw his pig. He cradled it lovingly and said, "My summer love". Funny because The Simpsons movie this summer involved Homer falling in love with the pig.

While I'm posting this drivel, there are two cats on the front porch fighting. Neither one of them are mine, and I think that takes a LOT of nerve. I stepped out briefly to "mediate" (aka tell them to get the hell off my porch, BUT in a loving 'don't make me buy a gun' kind of way) and the little brats hissed at me as if I were the intruder.

My aunt--the wacko goose lady--sent me this. She said she thought it would look nice in the front yard. Yes, and soooo classy. I'll put it right next to the burned out stove that doubles as flower pots. She sent my sister a beautiful U.S. flag. She gets flags, I get a big ass pig ass. Sigh.

7 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"the little brats hissed at me as if I were the intruder. "
A pail full of water makes them forget what they were fighting about....and a garden hose, even better.

Lin said...

Are you sure we're not related, I mean REAL closely? I used to get the same presents until I moved with no forwarding address. No mail is sometimes GOOD mail.

*Goddess* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Goddess* said...

Future, it was all I could do to make the effort to open the door. Find water? Nah;)

So THAT'S the trick, eh, Lin?

david mcmahon said...

Hi Goddess,

Always happy to help. Would you like me to come round and sort out the cats?

Cheers

David

SpongyBones said...

That ass could scare the pussy away ... something to mull over.

~Fathairybastard~ said...

See, every guy knows instinctively that you should never try to step up between two pussies with their claws out. Never leads to anything good.