Thursday, August 23, 2007

ring ring telephone rings somebody says baby what you doin'

Damn I've been so tired with all these extra work hours and cleaning that I forgot to mention my ring arrived Tuesday! I'm telling ya, it really pays to know someone in Tennessee! The ring left there Monday and I had it by lunch time Tuesday. I went with this little beauty, which is what I wanted all along.



I can remember the day I got my one carat anniversary band. The chick that sold it to me was wearing the two carat version, and from that day on, all I could think about was getting the two carat band...LOL! I almost jumped right over this and went for the three carat band, but I figured it would give me something to look forward to on our 37th anniversary.






Thanks to the jackasses at Direct TV, I was in bed last night at 8:30, totally bored out of my mind. The repair dude called last night and already he gave me the "well, if you have trees around you, it might not work" excuse. I live in the fricking country. What the hell am I supposed to do? Go Paul Bunyan on the vegetation? Then he said, "You're scheduled between 1 and 5. I won't be there at five. Look for me anytime after 1." Weeeeeeeee! Thanks for narrowing that down for me. Ok, I'm crabby. Can you tell? I only had today and 1/2 yesterday off in 12 days and I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I can't even watch my damn tv to relax. That annoys me no end that I'm paying $42 a month and I've been dealing with this problem for three weeks. I've had about five good days of tv viewing before that rainstorm hit and we had all this trouble.

I want to do something I haven't done in a long time. Nooo, not fit into a size 6 pair of pants. That ship sailed when I was in the third grade. I need to go back to daily meditation. I purchased the new book by Jose Silva Jr., (something like "Every Day ESP"? I'm too stressed to get up and look...) and I think I'm going to go back to learning the Silva Method and listening to the alpha sound daily. That really seemed to help calm me and deal with stress better. I just feel keyed up and edgy lately.

8 comments:

BBC said...

Okaaay.... You live in the country, you can afford a big fancy ring and other nice things. This pretty much discounts your trailer park statements.

Interesting, but are you happy? Just wondering.

*Goddess* said...

So you've never driven past the projects and seen a Cadillac outside, huh?;)

Of course, I'm happy. Believe me, if I wasn't you'd hear about it...LOL!

BTW, what "other nice things"?! Are you referring to my BBQ grill? Cuz that IS special.

SpongyBones said...

Old out of date B movies, or seriously shitty Public TV always causes me to need to MEDICATE myself daily. I haven't the patience for medatation or repair men. They both make me want to go Paul Buynan on the human deadwoods!

*Goddess* said...

Come on, SB. Who really needs a reason to "medicate" themselves daily? Certainly not I;)

Lin said...

I'm telling ya, Goddess, move out to the desert and you'll never have to worry about those pesky big green luscious trees interfering with your reception again! Even buzzard crap on the disk won't slow you down ever again.

*Goddess* said...

Hmm, the desert must be more civilized that I realized. What kind of internet/tv/phone service do you have in the boonies?! And how "close" did you say your nearest neighbor is?

~Fathairybastard~ said...

She's out in the sticks baby. Bet it's beautiful though. Nice ring. Don't loose it.

*Goddess* said...

I know she's in the sticks, FHB, that's why I wondering how in the world she has internet service.