Tuesday, August 28, 2007

my mama told me if i was goodie that she would buy me a rubber dolly

Ok, in case you haven't heard, the new way to do CPR is JUST DO CHEST COMPRESSIONS. 100 per minute. It was on the Today Show today. Apparently when you stop to do mouth breathing, it takes away blood flow from the brain.

I saw a commercial yesterday for the new Survivor. At the end, Jeff Whatshisface says, "Where will you be when history is made? Again."
Hmm, on the couch, eating chocolate while watching COPS. Again.

I watched "Ocean Force: Panama City" last night on Court TV. Good grief. It was your typical beach show featuring a bunch of drunken bums screaming, "Wooooo! Spring break 2007!" I don't know how cops could stand to work in that atmosphere all the time. Kids vomiting and fighting and getting drunk on a daily basis are NOT anything that would attract me. I had to turn off the sound and watch for cop hottness. I couldn't stand all the "wooooo!" ing. The least they could have done was be original. I would have been screaming "woooooo! hottcops dot blogspot dot com!!!"

One commercial that had me stopping in my tracks the first time I heard it was
the new Clorox ad. The kids are whispering secrets to each other and the one boy begins by saying, "I play with my...." Damn. The first time I heard that I thought, "Oooo, this isn't going to end well." Turns out he plays with his boats in the toilet. Phew! I thought surely he was going to say something else.
As a parent, I don't think any words struck fear in my heart like the words "my mother says..." because you never know how you truly ound until you hear your words coming out of a child's mouth.

6 comments:

Dustin said...

"Apparently when you stop to do mouth breathing, it takes away blood flow from the brain."

What good is said blood if it has no oxygen in it in the first place??

*Goddess* said...

Hmmm. Maybe it takes away OXYGEN to the brain...damn. Maybe I heard that wrong. I'll have to listen again.

SpongyBones said...

Labels: clorox, cpr, my ass, my offspring, survivor

Gotta love the labels you make they crack me up almost as much as the post. I had to take the new CPR for work. Sucks ass. If you find someone laying there not moving or responding you are to start chect compressions right away! Damn man I hope that I'm not just in a dead ass sleep on the street corner and wind up with some ribs floating around inside me.

When I was a kid I played with my ...

*Goddess* said...

No, I listened again, and the doctor said "the critical flow of blood to the brain stops" when someone moves from chest compression to mouth to mouth.

The video is on www.thetodayshow.com in the "video from today" section.

Jay said...

Seems like this CPR thing (which apparently works only about 20% of the time, IIRC) is like the other medial "miracles."

We're taught to do it one way, then science decides it should be another way. (Like bran/granola...remember that one?)

15 minutes ago I played with my...

*Goddess* said...

I guess another reason they changed it is because people are so reluctant to put their mouth over a stranger's mouth, even if they are dying.