Thursday, August 09, 2007

if you're happy and you know it, clap your paws

Yesterday I absolutely DRENCHED with sweat. Yes, I made the mistake of actually trying to move around. Ugh. I hate these hot and humid days.

That ghoulish Bugs sent me a picture of her new front lawn decorations. Geez, I'm HOPING she waits till Halloween to put these out...

Ghoulish AND funny. I love it!

Wow. Some things are really meant to be. Mushy, you can skip this paragraph, it's kitty cat related. Remember the kitten my M-I-L said she didn't want anymore and Holly rejected? Well, Mr. G did some asking around and found one woman in a nearby community that placed animals. She called last night and she said to me, "I'm sorry, but I have so many cats to place right now, and there's only one woman I know who wants a kitten. But she wants a very specific look. She's looking for a black cat with white paws."
I said, "That's exactly what he is."
She was floored.
Cat Lady faxed the woman a pic and told me she probably wouldn't be able to pick up the cat until the weekend. Long story short, his new owner picked him up last night. She drove all the way from DuBois, which is about a 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive, so we know he went to someone who really wanted him.

7 comments:

Dustin said...

Im so glad the kitten found a good home!

bugs said...

Ghoulish? I'm not ghoulish. I got them for my mom's birthday. They scared the crap outta Da Buglet, though.

*Goddess* said...

Thanks, Dustin, so am I. I just feel bad for my husband's mother, though. She enjoyed the company, but she't not up to taking care of a small animal. She needs a full grown lazy ass cat, but they're hard to relocate once they've grown used to a family. At least, that's been our experience.

*Goddess* said...

Girl, if you're scaring kids with them, they're ghoulish! Poor Buglet!

Do they glow in the dark or are they just white?

*Goddess* said...

BTW, Bugs, does your mother like stuff like that?

My mother wouldn't find them the least bit funny. Ugh. Uptight German Catholic women...

bugs said...

She'd get pissed because the attention would be on her house. She'd also be pissed because she didn't think of it first.

As far as I know, they aren't glow in the dark, but you can buy glow in the dark paint at a Michael's or something.

Chewy said...

Love, love, love those flamingos! Do they make ones in other animals? They should be in glow-in-the-dark paint... imagine driving down a street and headlights shining on a skeletal glowing deer? Oh, maybe that's just an accident waiting to happen. Never mind.

Oh,oh,oh! I have a mannequin in the basement that's gathering dust... hmmm?