Sunday, August 12, 2007

grand slam my ass

I watched the premiere of the game show "Grand Slam" last Saturday. They pit two previous game show winners against each other--Jeopardy winner Ken Jennings and World....Pop Culture winner Victor Lee was on the show I saw--and they go head to head answering rapid fire questions. They have so many seconds on the clock and the questions go back and forth between the two. If they miss, the announcer continues asking them questions until they get it right, unless they decide to pass to the other contestant. They have so many "switches" (passes) and their remaining seconds carry over to the last round. They have four categories and on this particular show, I thought the math category was EXTREMELY hard. You have to figure out all the answers in your head. Forget that shit.

In between each round Dennis Miller and Amanda Bryan offer commentary. I like Dennis Miller, I really do.............in
INCREDIBLY SMALL DOSES. Beyond that he becomes annoying. His references become more and more obscure, and he piles one on top of the other. By the time he gets to the punch line, you just want him to shut up.

Here are my suggestions to improve the show. (Shut up! I just know the producers read my blog!) You don't see the guy who asks the questions at all. Bring the question dude on so we can see him, and dump Miller and Bryan. This isn't a boxing match, and they add NOTHING to the show. We don't need someone telling us who did well and who didn't. We can figure that out all by ourselves by watching the show.

8 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

You know, I think it's time someone let you have a go at running a show, I'm with you, sack the lot and let's show 'em what we really want, eh?

*Goddess* said...

If I had my own show, it wouldn't be a game show. It would be a "reality" show...with as little reality as possible. You know, like the celebs. All faked up drama.

Welcome home!

BBC said...

Well, don't have cable in this trailer park, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Hugs.

~Fathairybastard~ said...

Haven't seen it, but love Miller. He does get old quick though.

Chewy said...

I don't have cable either. I know Ken Jennings, as I watch Jeopardy now and then. Who won?

SpongyBones said...

Dang was depressed that I didn't tvio it ... now life can go on for me :)

*Goddess* said...

Billy, do you live in the Ozarks or what?! No cable? Damn.

*Goddess* said...

Jennings won, Chewy. Lee did horribly on the math, and didn't seem to recover after that.